Chapter 33 - Nessa

"Ooooo! This beat is HARD." I say to Flex who has his eyes closed seated around the soundboard, face mean muggin because the beat feels so dirty. 

It's been a while since a beat has made me feel this excited.

"I told you I got you man, damn." Flex complains as if I didn't know his talents and abilities. 

"I know but this shit is crazy!" I pace the studio. "Nah, I'm writing to this right now!"

Flex laughs and starts the beat from the top. 

"Let me get in the booth. Run that back for me." I say feeling like a kid in a candy store. I put the headphones on and go real close to the mic, I spit some lines I had pre-written. I had so many bars memorized and on my phone, just waiting for the right beat to come along. Something that fits exactly. Flex knew me like the back of his hand. I knew he would create something I would love but I couldn't put my pride aside back when we were still fighting. 

"Ooooo. This shit fire." I say into the mic. I see Flex's smile outside of the booth. 

"Ima put you to work now that I have you back." I tell him as I let the intro play out.

"No you not, I got a whole wedding to prepare for." I hear his voice in my headphones. It makes me smile, the thought of this beautiful wedding so closely approaching. 

I record the first and second verse of the song using pre-written bars. It ends up taking a 30 minutes to get the perfect takes with the proper delivery. As soon as the verses are done, Flex plays it from the top.

"That's fire." Flex says serious. "No hook?" He questions. 

" I haven't thought of one yet. " I answer. 

"Title?" Flex questions, staring at the computer. 

"Shit, I don't know." I answer.

"Shit, I don't know' it is." Flex types on his laptop. I breathe a laugh.

"You wanna keep working on this one? I have other beats I want you to hear. " He questions. 

"Nah, I'm hungry and I told Chanel I would get her and take her to dinner." I say setting the headphones down on the mic stand and heading out of the booth and into the control room. I watched as Flex ended the studio session and saved the files. 

"I emailed you what you just did, in case you wanna listen and figure a hook out later." He says, clicking away at his computer. 

"Iight thanks." I walk over to one of his Grammy plaques on the wall. The bright silver record in the glass case hangs majestically, giving a certain feel to the entire room. Something elite. 

"What are you doing now? Do you want to come eat with us?" I ask sincerely. 

"Aww, you must really love me again. Inviting me to crash your dinner date." Flex smiles widely. 

"You're always welcomed... or you are now anyway." I chuckle.

"I would love to. But, check with the Queen if it's okay. You know how she get when she want you all to herself. I never seen someone so grumpy." He adds, responding to an email. 

"Yea, that's my baby." I shake my head.