Chapter 27 - Coca-Yeena

"You're on in five." A small white lady with blonde slick back hair and a headset says to me. I drink nearly half the bottle of water and hand it back to Emil who I have yet to look at today. Even though we spent the taxi ride to and from the airport together, as well as the five hour plane ride to Atlanta. The energy from the crowd is unmatched. It completely shifts my mood and there is no place else I'd rather be. Music has a way of doing that or doing the complete opposite. You either block everything out and go as hard as you possibly can or you let your problems consume you and give an emotional set that drives goosebumps on the audience's arm.  

The intro to the very leaked tape that seems to be dominating my life and friendships come on. If only the audience knew how much stress and pain this one tape is causing me. They think they do but do they? 

Every time I perform the songs I am placed right back in that hurtful situation. They like it because it's familiar to them. They've been hurt possibly worse than I have, they know the lyrics. Their heart knows the lyrics. They scream them back at me at the top of their lungs. I get on my knees in front of them and bare my heart on the stage, sweat pouring down my face, my heart beating out of my chest.  

Finally, someone has put their feelings into words. Finally a man has spoken out about being hurt in a way that men usually don't. That's what made the tape so impactful. That's what has gotten it Gold in a month. This is the life I've always wanted, does it matter that I got it like this? 

I step off the stage sweaty with little to no voice, grab a towel and another bottle of water and head to my dressing room back stage to cool off in the amazing air conditioned room.

 I miss her. 

I haven't seen my baby girl in a few days and she was all I wanted. I look through my texts, the last she said was " Kill it." I hit the call button and it rings out. 

Chanel mentioned she would be with Mac this evening. Slight jealousy interrupts my thoughts but I dismiss them.   

There is a small knock on my door. 

"Prodigy?" A small voice says. 

"...Yea. Who that?" I question. 

The door opens and two very attractive girls enter my dressing room and close the door behind them. One brown skin with large breasts and a curvy figure. Her top is unbuttoned to where her breasts connect and her leather beige skirt hugs her body like it is painted on. Her long black weave sweeps down to her stomach. Her friend next to her has curly black hair and is lighter skinned, she looks Latina. Her tight Nude dress hugs her slender body as well. 

"Prodigy! So nice to meet you. Wow, you're much cuter in person." The one brown skin ones says in a slightly seductive tone. Her voice is soft and calling. It doesn't phase me. Maybe back in the day it would have. 

" How did y'all get back here? I ain't plan no meet and greet tonight." I say looking at both of them confused. 

They suddenly look offended. The lighter skinned one looks at her friend and then back to me.

"What?" She says with a hard attitude. "We opened for you. We're the duo... Coca-Yeena?" The lighter one says. 

I immediately feel bad, I do remember being told I had openers but I never got to check and see who they were. I hadn't heard of the group before, they must have been local artists.