Chapter 23 - Keep it in the Car

Letter from your Author 

Hey everyone, thank you for all your support with The Come Up stories. As I've stated before, I am a singer and songwriter and things have been going really great. The problem is- the busier music gets, the less I am able to write :( 

 Please please please forgive me for the delays in updates! I am going to try and update more often. Thank you for sticking with the stories. 

I READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS! Y'all funny af and it really makes my day. 

Much love

( Add me on instagram : GeniqueMusic or download me on Spotify, Apple Music, or Tidal GENIQUE )

_________________________________________

After a few moments, Chanel signals the driver to unlock the car door and I pull the handle open and sit next to Chanel who is to the far right corner of the van. If she was any further away from me, she would be outside of the car.

I breathe in and out deeply, trying to calm my own temper.

"Baby, listen to me first." I speak in as calm a voice as I can find.

"If you wanted me to listen to you FIRST, Trev, you should have said something to me FIRST. Cause clearly there's shit I don't know. You got this prissy ass bitch talkin bout 'Are we still on for tomorrow night' right in front of my fucking face? Are you serious?" She screams.

"DJ Benzy asked me to do a song and she's on the song. There's a meeting tom-"

"Why are you telling me this now is what i'm asking you? Where was all this the moment it happened?" Chanel intrudes.

"Cause I know you don't like her-" 

"Exactly my point! You know I don't like her. You know this is someone who I don't trust, someone who tried to shit on my name, you know how I feel about her and instead of telling me from the jump, you hide it from me." Her voice cracks as if she is thirsty. 

"I know and I really am sorry. We were in a good place. We were happy for the most part. I didn't want anything making us fight like this." I say as calmly as I can muster. 

"Don't hide things from me, Trev! Why do I have to tell you that so late in the relationship. I dont care why or who or what!" She turns back to the window and I look straight ahead, my jaw tightened. 

"Did you think that I would tell you not to do the song with her?" Her voice is softer now, and she sounds like a small child. 

"I thought it might be a possibility." I admit. 

She huffs. 

"Wow, that hurts more than all of this." She mumbles.

Immediately, I feel stupid for thinking that at all. Chanel understood that this record would be a guaranteed hit. She wouldn't let me pass that up, no matter who the other artist on the record was. 

I sigh and rub my eyes, seeming to dig myself into a deeper whole.