Chapter 8 - Together

I step into the house, though still not invited in. It is cool with air conditioning and well tidied. It smells like her laundry detergent. The smooth wooden floor direct me to take off my shoes before I step another foot. I slide them off my feet. She watches me, trying to keep herself together. Attempting to have composure but falling apart right before me. 

I turn around and close the door, I latch the lock and close the blinds so that the house is dark with only a hint of the sun starting to rise. The side entrance of the house had lead us to the living room, decorated with a sleek white couch, a big screen TV on the wall and an assortment of nice furniture, one being the broad glass table that held a chrome colored mobile speaker. One of the expensive ones that are small but emit incredible bass and the loudest sound. It blinks red. The battery was dying. 

I take Chanel's hand and she allows me to. I pull her to the couch with the multiple blankets, lay down and pull her by her waist, forcing her to lay down with me. With little resistance she does. Her body shakes as she climbs under the covers, her head resting on the pillow. Securely, I wrap my arms around her body and pull her as close to me as I can. 

She sniffles until she breaks down, but at least this time I'm here. I kiss her cheek and pull her closer, trying to get her to understand that it's okay. That maybe now we're even. 

"I'm so sorry." Her words re barely audible and they echo through the quiet house. 

"It's okay, baby. Go to sleep." I whisper softly. 

She sniffles for a few more minutes and she shakes though she is warm. Her body begins to relax as we both finally have each other. We're both fucked up and we both need the love. I try to let that consume me. 

As her breathing slows and settles into a rise and fall and as the shaking stops, I press my nose against her neck and close my eyes. 

"I love you so much." I say quiet enough to myself.