Chapter 16 - Chinese Food

I scroll through my Instagram and my face is on every other meme, as well as the video of me defending Chanel. 

I read the comments. 

I want a prodigy. 

Omggg look how he defends her

Why can't I find love like this? 

I'm so happy they're back together. 

They're so cute. They make my heart throb.

"Wow you really got the girls talking. You thought they were crazy about you before." Emil states.

I glare at him for even speaking to me. This nigga must really think we friends.

" I ordered some food from the place you like, the Chinese spot down by East Havana." Emil speaks carefully.

I did love that spot and I definitely could go for their food right now. Especially after being busy for so many hours. I couldn't remember the last time I ate. My stomach growls at the thought of food and my mouth fills with water.

 I don't respond to Emill. 

We are the only ones in the hotel room and he knows the only reason he is in here is because he has his own key. I put my phone down after reading a few more comments and all I can think about is my baby. I told her I would come back right after my interview but I called her and she didn't pick up. I guess she was still at the benefit concert. She texted me- Good night,  and I called as soon as I got the message, wanting so badly to just hear her voice no matter how tired she was, but it seems she fell right asleep because it rang out until her voicemail made it's unpleasant robot entry. 

There is a small knock on the door. A distant voice with an accent says- "Delivery!"  

Emil gets up.

"Finally, I am fucking starving." He mumbles. 

Emil reaches into the pockets of his green jacket and pulls out some cash. I had bought him the jacket as a Thank You gift in the middle of the college tour cause I thought he was really holding me down. The new circumstances make me want to snatch the green jacket back along with the money he just took out of it. He opens the door and pays the figure in the hallway and as soon as he returns with the food dangling from his fingers, the beautiful aroma hits my nose. I groan without meaning to, he doesn't hear it. 

Emil looks at me, a big doofy grin on his face. He looks so pleased with himself, as if he has just found the perfect opportunity to indirectly beg for forgiveness. I get up and snatch the bag full of food from his hand. I watch as his face falls, his grin vanishing instantly. I take his car keys off the dresser and open the hotel door.

"Thank you, lil bitch." I mumble as I walk out and close the door behind me. 

I shake my head and laugh to myself. Was food supposed to be the way back into my good graces? My security guard meets me downstairs, I shake my head as he approaches me. Not really wanting him to come along. He takes the hint and nods his head, stopping in his tracks. 

"Call me if you need me." He says as I exit the Hotel Lobby. 

I climb into the 2009 black Toyota with tinted windows. Emil had more than enough money to afford a fancier car, but thank God he never got one. This is the only vehicle that doesn't get followed by paparazzi and other lurkers. They don't expect me to be riding in it.  I connect my phone to the cars Bluetooth and order it to call Chanel. 

It does. 

She picks up the phone on the first ring.

 "Baby!" She answers, excited. My entire heart is suddenly smiling. One person should not be allowed to inherently control someones mood and happiness. I remain as cool and collected as I can.