Chapter 18 - Girl Talk

The morning sun peaks through the thick blinds that cover the balcony of Chanel's room. The room remains dimly lit and I feel her detach her body from mine as she tries hard not to wake me, unaware of the fact that I have been up for the past 20 minutes. There is a small knock at the door and I pretend to stay asleep as Trisha's voice echos through the small crack. 

"Chan? You up?" She calls. 

"Yea, come." Chan whispers. 

I hear the creaking of the bed as Trisha sits down, my back turned to the both of them, my body underneath the sheets. 

"Good morning." I imagine a big smile on Trisha's face. 

"Good morning girl." Chanel responds. 

"I got so much shit to tell you, oh ma gawd." Trisha laughs. 

"I knowww, what happened with D'tello? You been holdin out on me cause you ain't tell me shit about him the last time I spoke to you on the phone." Chanel whispers. 

"I know cause I ain't wanna hype nothin up or get excited and have you tease me and then the whole thing don't work out. You know? I was gon tell you anyway, we both been busy." She ends. 

"Yea, yea." Chanel says. I imagine her pouting. "Bet you told them new friends you made at Fashion school." She says bitter.

"Shut up, don't start ya shit. I don't tell them my business either." Trish laughs. 

"Alright, start the story!" Chanel hushes. 

"Wait, is he sleepin?" Trisha asks concerned. I imagine her staring at my back turned to them. 

I keep my eyes closed as Chanel leans over my side and checks herself. 

"Yea, he can sleep through World War III girl." She chuckles. 

Trisha laughs and I feel the blanket move as she gets under herself. 

"Okay so remember I had told you we were working on the Spring clothing line for his store or whatever? " Trisha asks. 

I imagine Chanel nodding because there is no verbal reply as she continues.  

"Okay so you know he always flirtin with me or whateva but I never take it to heart cause I'm like- 'Nah, this nigga playin. He got mad money and probably got mad rich skinny white girls on him. He not bout to fuck with me n my curvy ass. 'Even though, you know I love myself cause I'm the shit, I just ain't think I was really his type. But you know, I was flirtin back or whatever and then one night we had to go get some pieces and materials from that store I told you about - Threads. But we were working on pieces literally from sun up to sun down because he was tryna meet some deadline. So when he was like -'We gotta go to Threads to get more fabric.' - I was like 'You're buggin, Threads close at 6 PM.'  Apparently I underestimated him cause we got there at 10 PM and he went through the backdoor with his own key and got the fabric himself. Left a whole note to the manager and money in the drawer. So I'm over here amazed n shit. Like one day I will have all your connects but whatever. "