four

chapter four— encounter.

" i'll stop by the restaurant to see how things are. meet you back at home." jeongguk said to his hyung. namjoon nods and drives to the restaurant. jeongguk hops out of the car and opens the door.

the hostess bowed when she saw her boss come in. " mr jeon "

" how are things going, kathy?"

" very good, boss. we're getting more customers than usual." she smiled though his face was expressionless. " how about the staff?" 

" we just hired some last week, but we still have more applications to look through."

jeongguk nodded and walked into where the customers were eating and enjoying themselves.

all eyes were on him, however, they were eyes blinded with fear. the head mafia place his hand in his pocket and sat on the banquet chair.

seconds later, a tall-ish woman with curly hair approaches him with a smile printed on her lips. jeongguk's breath hitched as his dark eyes check out the beauty in front of him.

" hello, i'm giuliana and i'll be your waitress for today." the female bowed. " i'm not here to order," he said bluntly.

" oh i'm sorry." she apologize and proceed to move on to the next customer. she greeted the elderly woman " hello, im giuliana. what would you like?." she tilts her head.

" i want you to serve me one of your best dishes, sweetie. anything, please." she ordered. "yes, of course. i'll be back with you shortly."
jeongguk was watching the entire time. he couldn't avert his eyes from checking out the waitress.

she is indeed beautiful.

" hey, can i get one of our best dishes? it's for the woman on table 10." giuliana said to their chef. " girl what?"

" c'mon, please. just whatever you can come up with."

surprisingly jeongguk wanted to have the female near him for some reason. so he snaps his fingers calling for her. giuliana rushed there and raised her brow at him.
" i thought you were not here to order."

jeongguk cleared his throat and told her what he wanted to have—even though he's not hungry at all. giuliana served the elderly woman her food, who thanked her so many times.

after the waitress served him his food, jeongguk came up with another plan. " eat with me." he said, gesturing for the female to sit across from him. " sir, i'll get in a lot of trouble if my manager sees me having a meal with you. i'm sorry i can't do that." giuliana stands up taking her notepad.

" sit." jeongguk eyed her down dangerously. giuliana obeyed and sat down avoiding eye contact with the mafia.

" is that mr jeon with giuliana?" one of her colleagues questioned. " yea and she looks like she has seen a ghost." the other replied.

" eat, sweetheart." jeongguk hands her some chopsticks. " my boss will fire me. please just let me get back to work." she pleaded not forgetting that the handsome man just called her 'sweetheart'

i'm your boss.

jeongguk sighed and called off one of the workers. " y-yes, mr jeon?" he bowed. " i need to have a word with your manager." his tone was menacing.

is he spooked or something? giuliana could see how her co-worker was trembling.

the boy quickly went to get his manager. " m-mr. jeon." he bowed.

" giuliana is having lunch with me; extend her break." jeongguk demanded. " that won't be a problem, mr jeon. the manager forced a smile since he couldn't hold back a whimper.

" eat, sweetheart," jeongguk said once again. he was satisfied when he notice giuliana picking up the chopsticks. " good girl." he mumbled.

" you want something to drink?" the mafia asks. " no, thank you."

jeongguk being the stubborn man he is, wouldn't take a no for an answer. he ordered coke for himself and a bubble tea for the shy beauty in front of him.

" i can't believe this is happening." one of the workers gossiped. " me neither. she seems less terrified than earlier."

" damn i wish mr jeon spoiled me like that." jess, the other waitress said. " he's just having lunch with her. relax girl." suhun said.

" how long have you worked here?" jeongguk began. " i started about a week ago." giuliana sip her bubble tea, her cheeks full.

cute.

" you like it here so far?" jeongguk wipe his mouth with a napkin and glanced at her. she nod, afraid to face him.

what is going on with me?

" words, sweetheart, and look at me." the male voice deepened sending chills down her spine. " yes, i-i do."

" good girl," he said making her cheeks rosy.

after they finish their lunch, jeongguk left giuliana a $400 tip before he bid goodbyes. " see you soon, sweetheart."

" b-bye."

giuliana put the cash in her pocket and clean the table, not noticing the stares her colleagues were giving her.