fifteen

chapter fifteen— mixed signals

jeongguk sat near the hospital bed, with lui clinging to him—asleep. the kid cried so much that he dozed off.

" i know your brother is who you're stressing about, i have him. he's safe with me, petal." the mafia inch closer and plants a soft kiss on her forehead.

" stay alive for me, will you? but if not me, do it for lui." he caress her hand and picked it up, planting a kiss on it. " i fucked up, i know. you probably don't want to see me right now cause of the way i spoke to you. eventually, i'd have to tell you everything. you have a lot of questions for me and i'm willing to answer."

jeongguk sighed before whispering, " i miss you, petal. i miss you so fucking much. please, stay alive for me." he knew he have to go because he has unfinished business with dumbasses who thought it was cool to mess with him.

he walks out holding luigi and gently lays him in jimin arms. " i need to go, stay here and get some guards to stand by the door. when she wakes up, don't hesitate to call me. understood?"

" got it, boss."

taehyung yanked jung's arm and twisted it causing him to scream. namjoon hit the back of his leg making him fall. jung laugh and proceed to stand but yoongi throws his foot up his face and blood splatters across the train tracks.

" damn i'm glad i was replaced by you." yoongi squats down in front of jung. " fuck you." he spits. " i wish i could murder you right now." yoongi punched him in the jaw.

" coward." taehyung mumbled. " tae, how have you been?" jung chuckled and wave weakly.

namjoon cuffed jung to himself and ambled down the tunnel. they soon reached the car and sat down. " boss is waiting for us at the warehouse, step on it, yoongs."

they soon arrived at the warehouse and jeongguk was leaning against the wall. namjoon immediately uncuff himself from him. the mafia walked up to jung and punched him in the throat. he growled, kicking him in the ribs.
" i'll kill you with my bare hands, jung! i swear i'll bury you alive!"

jeongguk kick him again, but this time in the face. jung tried to fight back but it was too late. he started to become weak. jeongguk soon lifted him and toss him in the cell.
" talk!" he roared.

" b-boss you need to understand why i did this." jung winced and kneeled.

jung hoseok, jeongguk's former hacker. he was thrown out of the black rose after being caught stealing from his boss. jung didn't take it well because he loved his job, so he met with one of jeongguk's rivals and teamed up with him.

he just wanted to get his boss's attention.

" UNDERSTAND?! you want me to fucking understand??! you stabbed the ONLY woman i care about, almost killing her instantly. you expect me to fucking understand that shit??! HUH?!" jeongguk had this murderous expression on his face that terrified hoseok.

" i wasn't the one who did it, boss! i—"

" i'm not your fucking boss anymore, piece of shit. don't you dare call me that again," he warned.

" if it wasn't you then who did it, jung? this was all planned out by you." yoongi asks.

" one of the hitmen goes by seokjin. i had to execute the plan and he'll go by my orders. felt as if i was in control for once. tsk, but don't worry boss. i did this for you, set up timers and send a few of your men to this location." hoseok slurred and fished in his pocket for a piece of paper.

" please, boss." he pleaded. jeongguk snatch the paper and read what was written. " what's the damn point of this crap?" he beckoned.

" in the next 34 minutes, i'll press this button and a whole headquarters will crumble. that's where chanyeol and his men are," he said holding a small piece of device.

" i don't fucking trust you."

" boss, i know what i've done you wrong but it was the only way to become one with them. i wanted chanyeol to think i was on his side so later i'd crush him."

" i'm happy you're finally receiving the love you deserve. i read about giuliana and she's wonderful. she's a kee—"

" if i hear her name in your filthy mouth again i'll burn your tongue off!" jeongguk said emotionlessly. " i don't need you, do whatever you want." he tossed the paper in hoseok's face.

" i don't need a snake crawling in my world, poising what i have."

jeongguk turned to namjoon, " get him out of here. i don't want him on my territory anymore."

hoseok held onto the bars of the cell and cried out, " boss, please! forgive me and take me back! please boss i did this for you!"

jeongguk ignored him and climb up the stairs. he hopped in his car and speed off to the hospital. as soon as he reach there, his phone went off.

jeongguk:
talk to me.

jimin:
she's awake boss.
i also dismissed the guards
so she wouldn't find anything odd.

jeongguk:
good.

jeongguk ended the call and inhaled deeply before pushing the gates open.