eight

chapter eight— rest up, pops.

gloomy.

that's what you'd describe as a funeral, but this wasn't just a normal funeral. this was something jeongguk has been dreading for the past few weeks.

he wants to open that coffin and smack his father's face so he would wake up. he wants to open that coffin and scream at him for leaving him alone.

not that he cares—he's been alone all his life regardless of whether his pops was alive or not.
he wants to open that coffin and scream at him for not fighting back. but what's done is done.

everyone said what they wanted to say and when it was jeongguk's turn, he throw the black rose on the coffin and walked away with his hands in his pockets.
the boys wanted to run after him but they knew it was best if he was left alone.

jeongguk made it to his car, but he heard a voice that prevented him from opening the door.

a voice that belonged to someone he hated so much.

" gguk?"

jeongguk snarled and hopped inside the car. the woman knocked on the window.
" jeongguk, sweetie please let's talk. we need to talk, please." she implored.

the mafia rolled down the window and whispered, " fuck off. if i see your face one more time, i won't hesitate to put a bullet in your skull."

" ggu—" but jeongguk sped off into the road. he punched the wheel and held it tightly until his knuckles turned white as snow. he wanted to clear his mind or at least make him forget all of this. he wants to forget that he ever had a mother. he wants to forget that she walked out on him.

but he can't so the best he can do is shove that memory far away so it can't be revealed.

he wanted to see giuliana but at the same time, he didn't want to.

gosh, he's so complicated.

jeongguk made a u-turn to his warehouse and parked the car. he passed through many securities before stepping inside his office.
he removed his leather coat, toss it on the sofa, and took a seat in front of piles of paperwork.

he called his other assistant, jane into his office.
" yes boss?" she bowed and kept her head down. " how are my shipments going?" he queried without taking his eyes off the files.

" perfect, boss. they should be here by tomorrow night."

" good. inform the others to be on the lookout. i don't want anybody messing with my plan, understood?"

" yes, mr jeon."

" you're dismissed." the mafia waved her off and continued his work. the female rush out of the office and let out a heavy sigh. her hands couldn't stop shaking.

jeongguk stayed at the office till midnight. he packed up and headed home. he walked inside the house to see that it was empty. it's always empty. he move his limps to the stairs and made it to his bedroom.

jeongguk opens his cabinet and pours some whiskey into the glass. he let out a dark chuckle and twirl the drink in his hand. he took a sip and continues to laugh, he laughed till something snapped in him and forced himself to toss the glass at the wall.

he sat in his bedroom and squeezed his eyes shut. he hasn't slept for the past two days but that doesn't explain the numbness he's feeling.
as soon as the mafia reached for his phone, it rings. he cursed and answered.

jeongguk:
what?

namjoon:
boss we need you at the
warehouse.
there's been a problem.