nine

chapter nine— oh hi there.

giuliana continued glancing at the door to see if the jeongguk will walk in. it's been days since she last saw him. she misses him. something about the male makes her want more. it's obvious that they just met but it doesn't matter to her, she's drawn to him.
" are you perhaps waiting for someone?"

" h-huh? no, i'm not." she quickly dash off after answering her coworker. jess shakes her head and mumbles to herself, " when will she realize that jeongguk doesn't want her?"

giuliana shifts end soon since she's going to spend some time with her baby bro. she helped out in the kitchen and took some orders. however, the empty tables were soon filled with customers making the waitress panic.
" wilson, i will need you to stay back today." manager tang came out of his office.
" sir, i can't today. please." she starts.

" sorry kid, unless you get someone to cover you up—i can't allow that today." he sternly declines and step back into his office.
giuliana let out a subtle whimper.

" suhun," she whispered and rush to the male who was doing dishes at the back. " suhun? i need a favor, please."

" whatever it is, no." he sighs and continues washing the dishes. " please, suhun. i promise my baby brother i'd spend time with him today. please, i'll soon return the favor."

" since you mentioned your brother, i'll take over for you. now go on."

" really?" the female eyes brighten as she gave the elder a bone-crushing hug. " thank you. thank you."

" okay okay." suhun smiled and patted her head.  " have fun."

" i will, thank you." she waves goodbye and left.

jess approached suhun and knocked him in the head. " you're too fucking nice. why would you do that?" she scold. suhun irritatedly shove her off, " what the hell is your problem? nice or not it's none of your business." he beckoned.

jess felt quite embarrassed so she roll her eyes and walk out of the kitchen to serve the customers.

giuliana took the bus home and unlock her apartment.
" lui? i'm home!" she yelled loud enough for the little boy to hear. " gigi!" he squeal and hug his sister's legs. " hi lui. did you eat the breakfast, i left you?"

" yewsh yewsh! can we go now, gigi? pwetty pwease?" he cutely stick his lower lip out. giuliana chuckled and nod her head. " yes, lui. let me go shower real quick." she pace down the hallway and into the bathroom to get ready.

once she was done, giuliana grabbed her purse and keys. " lui, do you have your coat with you?"

" yewsh, gigi!" the boy said with a giddy smile on his warm face. giuliana kiss his forehead and put his coat on and she put hers on after.
" let's go, lui." she grabs his tiny hand in hers and waddle out of the apartment.

" hey there, hottie. may i have your number?" a drunk guy old enough to be her dad slurred.
luigi clenched onto his sister's coat tightly and move closer to her.

giuliana lift him up and quickly left the apartment building. where she lives isn't safe at all. the environment and the people there are so disrespectful and dangerous. gangs, robbers, and drunk losers are residents there.

she's worried 24/7 because she always leaves her baby brother there alone. it's not safe and it's never safe. she's trying her best to save up so they could move out of there soon.

" are you okay, munchkin?" giuliana asks the little one. he nods his head and nuzzles his face into his sister's neck, seeking warmth.
" you wanna go to the bunny shop first or the park, lui?"