six

chapter six—sweetheart.

jeongguk has been planning the funeral for weeks now. he wants it to be perfect. he wants his father to be honored and to rest in peace.

the news spread around as one of the most powerful man has passed away. nobody was upset about it, not the family's victims. everyone was waiting for a time like this. dae was feared, not loved. there's a big difference.

" do we need anything else?" taehyung asks his boss. "no, kim. we're good, for now." jeongguk rub his forehead and stood up from his seat. " how are you holding up?" namjoon queried " i'm fine, hyung." he shrug his shoulders and watch the cities from the tall glass windows.

"  boss?" jimin opened the office door and enter. " the meeting with mr. wang is about to start. he's waiting in the meeting room with his men. jeongguk nod his head and made his way to the conference room.

" ah, how's my favorite boy?" jackson smiled and pat his back. " cool, dude. let's get started." jeongguk sat down on the couch.

" i'm sorry about, pops. he was a great man and i'm sick to my stomach that he's gone too soon." jackson takes a sip of his drink. " it is what it is, jack." jeongguk chuckle dryly and skim through the files.

" how will we handle the funeral?" they had their meeting and plan on how the big event will take place. maximum security and certain people who will be invited.

jeongguk park his car in front of the restaurant and walk inside. his eyes scan around the area for a certain curly head.

why the hell am i here again?

" where the fuck is that waitress?" an unsatisfied customer grumbled. giuliana panicked and rush over to the table. " y-yes sir?" she bowed.

gaps left people's mouths in the restaurant as the customer throw his drink on giuliana. " you call this a beverage? tastes like rotten socks."

giuliana shivered as the ice cubes roll down her arms. "excuse me, sir, i'm your waitress not your fucking dog!" she raised her tone startling the man. " shut your mouth! i want to speak with your manager."

jeongguk clenched his jaw and decided to step in. he pull giuliana by the waist and hid her behind him. the man gulped as his face became pale. " m-mr. jeon. uh—" but jeongguk cut him off.

" get the fuck out now," he growled lowly. the man quickly snatches his wallet from the messy table and rush out. jeongguk noticed how the customer's eyes were on him, " eat y'all damn food. noisy ass fuckers."

oh how badly jeongguk wanted to bash that customer's head open but because of giuliana he held himself back.
" are you alright?" he asks the waitress.

giuliana nods her head and begin cleaning up the mess. " you're shivering, darling." the mafia male sighed and take the cloth away from her.
he walks to the counter and gestures for suhun to go clean up instead.

jeongguk took giuliana by the hand and drag her to the bathroom. he grab fresh towels from the cabinet and dry the waitress's hair. " i'll seriously get fired because of you."

" you'll be getting promoted because of me." jeongguk chuckled causing giuliana to frown.
" what do you mean?"

" you handled him good back there." jeongguk was impressed. he'd witnessed people being stepped on like doormats which pisses him off because they can't stand up for themselves.

" i wasn't going to let him talk to me like that. he's lucky i didn't shove some ice down his throat." giuliana roll her eyes.

feisty, babe.

the male shook his head and remove his leather jacket. " your shirt is soaked, you'll get sick. here take my jacket." he offers.

"no, it's okay." giuliana politely declines and tries to take the towel from jeongguk's grip. instead, jeongguk pulled her closer and gaze into her eyes.
" listen to me, hm?"

giuliana looked away, playing with her fingers.

you're too cute for me, darling.

" you brought extra clothes with you?" he asks. " yes, i did."  " good. change into those clothes quickly, alright? i'll be waiting outside for you."

jeongguk walked out of the bathroom and lean against the wall, on his cell phone. giuliana use the back door to access her clothes and quickly changes into them.

her eyes darted toward jeongguk's leather jacket on the counter. she hesitatingly put it on, which swallowed her body. she looked at herself in the mirror as a few giggles escaped her lips.

jeongguk's cologne invaded her nostrils causing her to hug the jacket close to her body.

the soft knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts. " are you done, darling?"

" y-yea, sorry." she places her work clothes in a plastic bag and dash out.