twenty four

chapter twenty-four— a fresh new start

giuliana sits up from the bed, her body covered with black silky bedsheets. she winced in discomfort as pain surged through her back. she lays down and shuffles closer to her boyfriend. she smile, brushing her fingers through his hair. jeongguk groans causing the female to giggle.

she leans down and peck him on the face; her fingers still in his fluffy locs. jeongguk fluttered his eyes open and sleepily smile. " morning, beautiful." he mumbled, and pull her close by the waist. " good morning, ggukie." giuliana blushed and play with his lips.

" come here," the mafia whispered and kiss her sweetly. giuliana hummed, melting in the kiss. she parted her lips, allowing him in. jeongguk slid in his tongue tasting her cavern. " fuck, baby. you drive me crazy." he says and moves dived into the crook of giuliana's neck which was already littered with hickeys. he sucks on her skin smoothly, earning a moan from her.

jeongguk roams his hands down her waist, and thighs. he's so mesmerized by the beauty she has and it's like he is falling in love all over again.

" you know how much i love you?" he snuggles their noses. giuliana uttered a small yes. " how much, sweetheart?" he couldn't stop from smiling. " this much," she spread her arms wide, mimicking the whole world. jeongguk coos and rest his head on her chest.

" i love you more than anything in this world and i want you to know that baby." he hides their bodies with the blanket. she pecks his lips and twirls his hair around her finger. " i know, ggukie. you tell me that every day." she blush and hug his head.

joy.

that word was something jeonnguk and giuliana taught they'd never experience. due to the fact everything happening around them made them lose hope. giuliana lost her childhood while raising her young brother. she was sexually assaulted by her mother's boyfriend but her mother never believed her--instead blamed her for everything. giuliana soon got into a toxic relationship full of manipulation to the point where she thought she was losing her mind.

she ran away from home in hopes of starting a new life. that's how she and jeongguk had their first encounter. the mafia wanted her to himself, but he was in denial because as soon as she finds out about him, she'll run for the hills. but how wrong he was. jeongguk wanted the mafia life ever since he was young, but he never expected his mother to walk out without coming back for him. he also lost his father, the one parent he had left.

he wanted love, but never received it. he wanted care, but never received it.

she wanted love, but never received it. she wanted care, but never received it.

two broken souls coming together to create something so pure and unbreakable. they showered each other with the love, they craved for years. they showered each other with the affection, they craved for years.

giuliana knew the consequence of being the girlfriend of a criminal boss. but it was for love, so she carried his burden and he carried hers. there's no other way to say it.

the couple cuddle in bed for another hour before starting with their routine. " are you working out, today?" she asks. jeongguk hummed and caress the tattoo on her bare waist. " can i work with you then? the restaurant is closed." giuliana look up at him.

" the last time you did, i never got anything done." jeongguk shakes his head, washing his face and causing his baby to pout. " don't give me that look, princess." jeongguk warned and dry his face with the towel," i promise i won't be a distraction. please babee." she stomps her feet.

" you spoiled brat, and no. you know i don't play when it comes to my morning workouts." jeongguk tone deepens. " but babe, let me please." she huffs. " princess i said no." the mafia said sternly. " fine." she sighed in defeat and walk back in the bedroom.