thirteen

chapter thirteen — altercation

namjoon handed jeongguk a folder. he opened it and his blood boiled. " who the hell took these?" he demanded. " no clue, boss. it was dropped off this morning, one of the guards picked it up."

" we have security cameras for a fucking reason, right? check it now and find that asshole who took these." jeongguk couldn't tame himself. there's no way this is happening.

namjoon was curious as to why his boss would spend time with this mysterious woman. he wanted to know, not just for the sake of their safety but his boss's. " boss, if you don't mind me asking, who is she?"

" nobody you should be a concern with, joon."

however, namjoon was persistent. " but boss, you need to tell me, please. you used to tell me everything, but now it's like you don't trust me anymore." the male tried holding back his tears.

call him a crybaby but he and jeongguk are like brothers. locked in. they do everything together. he was there when jeongguk's father was training him. so it's like a knife through the heart that jeongguk is behaving like this.

" it's fucking clear you know why i can't tell you certain stuff anymore." jeongguk started. " boss, i'm sorry, okay. i'm sorry for going behind your back. i'm sorry for telling euna the address, i just couldn't stand her pleads. it won't happen again." namjoon was this close to falling to his knees.

deep down, jeongguk knows this is his hyung. so he can't hold anything against him. he massages his temples before saying, " she's the waitress i told you about having lunch with her, weeks ago. we've been seeing each other for a while."

" wait, she's gigi?" namjoon eyes widen. " yea, and i'm not myself when i'm with her. it's complicated to explain." he catches the elder up.

" with these photos out, i believe one of your rivals has their attention on her. her safety will be in jeopardy, boss. is she aware of you?"

jeongguk shook his head, "i'm not ready to tell her yet. i don't want to scare her off." the elder smiled a bit. " do you like her?"

" i don't know, hyung. i feel close to her but at the same time, i wanna distance myself."
with that being said, jeongguk's phone rang.

" we'll talk later, boss." namjoon bowed and exit the office room.
reading the caller id, the mafia boss answered with a heavy heart.

giuliana:
hi gguk

jeongguk:
you need something?
i'm quite busy right now.

giuliana felt stupid to the sense that she called jeongguk hoping to spend some time with him but now he was just speaking to her with such a harsh tone of voice.

giuliana:
oh, i'm sorry for disturbing you.
i was just wondering if—

jeongguk:
i can't talk right now, giuliana.
i'll call you when i can.

jeongguk ended the call before she could talk any further.
" oh wow," giuliana felt a pang in her heart. the reason why she called jeongguk was that she wanted to ask if they could go see the woman's king at the movies since she has two tickets.
but the male just push her off as if she was desperate or needy.

" fuck, i'm sorry baby." he sighed and turned his phone off.

" yoongi did you find anything yet? we need to work fast." namjoon said pacing up to the male who was typing like crazy.
" i'm almost there, joon. just one more
step—and we got him." namjoon eyes widened the moment he saw who was on the screen.

" you know this guy?" he frowns. " yes that's boss former warehouse hacker. shit, he'll lose his fucking mind."

" wait," yoongi pull namjoon by the arm before he could leave. " what?"
" did boss tell you anything about the photos?"

" yea, that's the woman he's been seeing lately."
he informed. " oh wow, she's so damn fine, even though i can't see her face."

" that's a good thing, now those asswipes will need to work harder to find whoever is. we have more time to track them. i'll go tell boss what you found. get the others here ASAP"
the boss's right hand rushed out.

yoongi took his phone out and texted the others.

" boss? min found who delivered the photos."

" who was it?"

" hoseok, sir"

"hoseok??! what the hell?!"

" since you've worked for him before, is there anything you can tell us about this girl?"

" he has never brought home a woman when i worked for him. this is different."

" ever since that fucker lost his father, he's becoming real soft."

" i'm not gonna say soft, but more vigilant."

" shut the hell up horse face! vigilant where?!"

" i'll do everything i can to find that woman for you, boss."

" no, i want her dead!"

----

a/n: 🤭💗