seventeen

chapter seventeen— the truth

it's been weeks and the process for giuliana's healing was pretty much easy. she hasn't healed fully but good thing she's not using the wheelchair. manager tang was informed about what happened and he told her to take much time as she need.

giuliana misses jeongguk and she felt as if she was really rude to him. he was the reason why luigi was safe but he was also the reason why she was put in the hospital. regardless of that, she wants to be with him. after what happened, luigi refused to leave his sister's side.

jeongguk respected giuliana's wishes and gave her the space she needed, but it was difficult for him to stay. however that didn't distract him from murdering people mercilessly. he doesn't care who you are, do not interfere in his business and you'll enjoy life. but do the complete opposite, and obedience means death.

about hoseok, he blows up the lion's headquarters instantly killing chanyeol and his men. but it was later revealed that seokjin had escaped. jeongguk could care less because that's not what he's worried about.

jeongguk went to the flower shop and bought some flowers. he didn't know what kind giuliana loves so he purchased each one. he also bought some takeout; he drove to giuliana's apartment complex and his heart sank. everything in the building was broken and it was not even nice for little kids to live there.

he reached giuliana's apartment and knock on the door.

" gigi! someone ish at the door!" jeongguk heard luigi yell causing him to chuckle lowly. giuliana held her stomach and limp her way to the door. she peeks through the hole and her body tensed. she gulped and unlock the door.

" h-hey, what are you doing here?" she queried. " i came to see you, may i come in?" the mafia boss's tone soften. giuliana gaze at him, he looks so cuddly. this is the first time she'd seen the male in such a comfy outfit. he's wearing a black velvet tracksuit with black prada cloudbust thunder sneakers. his long wavy hair parted cleanly was just the bonus.

as soon as jeongguk stepped inside, lui skip towards him and hug his legs. " hewoo goo goo" he squeaked out. " hi little one." he pat the little one's head.

the mafia boss turn to giuliana and hand her the flowers. " these are you." she blushes and took them. " t-thank you." luigi tilt his head in confusion and went into the small living room to watch his cartoons. " i bought some food too." he places the bags on the table and approach giuliana who was too shy to glance at him.

it's crazy how one day she was looking him in the eye, telling him off now she's just too nervous to do so.

" how are you feeling?" jeongguk asks. " i'm better, thanks for checking up."

giuliana misses jeongguk calling her petal. " can we talk? it's important?" he kept his distance, which was driving giuliana crazy. she put the flowers aside and hobble her way into his embrace, shoving her face into his chest. jeongguk didn't waste any time and wrap his arms around her body.

he let out a shaky sigh and rest his chin on top of her head, closing his eyes for a moment. jeongguk plants a subtle kiss on her forehead. his thick musky scent of huis cologne is prominent and invades giuliana's nostrils.

jeongguk picked her up, bridal style, and sat on the couch. once giuliana realize she was on his lap, she coughed and remove herself. " sorry." she quietly apologized. jeongguk tried to suppress his smile as if it was possible.

giuliana had a lot of things to say and ask, but waited for jeongguk to go first. " i am a mafia boss. a criminal. a drug lord. i murder people who disobey me. i murder people who interfere in my business and territory. i own this city, even the government and law enforcement are under my command. i own thousands of properties and thousands of men."