sixteen

chapter sixteen— damaged wounds

the mafia boss slid through the door to see giuliana awake, cuddling her little brother.
" what are you doing here?" he was pulled out of his train of thought.

" i came to see you, petal." jeongguk went and sat on the edge of the bed. " it's giuliana," she corrected. jeongguk understood what she meant and to say he was crushed would be an understatement.

" how are you feeling?" he cleared his throat but received a dry answer. " numb."
jeongguk could see the distress she was under and the guilt couldn't stop eating him up.
" the doctor said you'll be going home, soon and you'll be in a wheelchair for a few days. uh, i'd be willing to stay with you and help you heal." he offers with a warm smile.

giuliana tried her best to not give it. fuck, she hates the effect this man has on her. " it's fine, thank you. i'd ask jess and suhun to do that. don't waste your time, jeongguk.

' you will die today, so jeongguk can be brought down.'

giuliana whimpered and clutched her stomach, not forgetting that she was injured.

" pe—are you alright? what's the matter? should i call the doctor?" jeongguk panicked.
" i'm fine, can you give me some privacy?" she averted her gaze from the mafia male.

" are you sure you'll be okay? i—"

" i'm sure, jeongguk. now please leave me be." she blinked away some tears. jeongguk nod his head and left her alone.
" let's go, park."

" is she okay, boss?"

jeongguk didn't give a reply.

' i'm sorry. i am so so sorry. i hope you'd understand why i did this.'

giuliana tried to remember what happened but her mind was foggy.
soon after a well-built man ran to the receptionist holding a bouquet. " hello, i'm here to see giuliana wilson." he pants.

" and what's your relationship with the patient, sir?"

" she's my girlfriend, ma'am. can i see her please." he persists. the receptionist complied and told him the room number.

" hey babe." ryan smirked and toss the bouquet at giuliana who flinched. " why a-are you here? please leave." she whimpered.

" stop being a fucking baby. be lucky you're alive." ryan roll his eyes and took a seat next to her. giuliana sobbed and hold her brother tight.

" it was you, wasn't it? you stabbed me!" giuliana raised her voice. " why would i do that? i already fucked you up with our relationship. you're already dead." he laughed. " and who was that fucker with you that day, huh? who the hell was he?!"  he harshly squeeze her leg. " none of your business, ryan. get the hell out of my life. haven't you done enough?!" giuliana clenched her throat as it was becoming hard to breathe. " you know you look pathetic, right now?" ryan flicked her forehead.

the waitress pressed the emergency and doctors barged through the door. " p-please escort him out."

" what's your relationship with the patient?" the nurse queried. " nonsense, i'm her boyfriend." ryan hardened his expression.

" he's not my boyfriend! he is not my damn boyfriend! this man has put my life through hell!" giuliana screamed and choked on her tears. she felt like she was living the toxic relationship again and she can't take it. the doctor called for security and he throw ryan who was trying to resist.

" ms. wilson, we'll like for you to make a visitor's list just for the sake of your safety." the doctor suggested. giuliana hiccuped and she was handed a pan and paper.