Chapter 4: Secrets

Vicky's POV

I storm out of Nancy's room slamming her door in the process, I know I have no right to be angry but I am. I just invited her to Gozie's party knowing she secretly admire him but she refused and ended up in tears. I don't know her reason for turning it down but I'm sure it has to do with the prank he played on her last year or something else happened which she kept away from us.

Walking angrily I almost collide with a wall when I realize its Nancy's mother. She never comes home early, why is she here.

"Good evening Mrs James." I greet her trying to keep my anger at bay.

"Evening, I see you're angry hope my baby didn't upset you." she enquires with those blazing eyes of a mother.

Nancy will freak out if her mum knows she's into the pageant because she clearly warned her to stay out of Faye's way.

"No ma'am, I just got pissed at something. Can I go now, my mum will be worried." I lie darting my eyes to the door.

"Sure." She replies dismissing me with a wave of hand. I dash to the door before she changes her mind and ask me what happened.

"Bye ma'am." I call out when I'm out of eyesight.

Walking home I inhale the cool breeze while I lazily drag myself home.

Home

My house is more of a warzone with my parents crumbling marriage and an overbearing brother which I adore, but home is the last place I want to go to. Changing my mind I change my direction to Tammy's place instead, my parents won't mind, that's if in between their shouting match they notice I'm not home.

Tamuno's the only one who really understand my family and her's is more welcoming so I guess that makes her my bestie for life.

"Hey V What's up?"

I almost forgot Michael's staying at Daniel's now.

"Cool Mike, isn't it late to be cruising round town?" I stop and relax on the driver's door.

"It is but I got to do some rounds, you know guy stuff." he shrugs and look at me with those sexy eyes of his.

Michael has been my crush since primary school but since I notice he's got eyes for Tammy I back down, after all that's what best friends are for. I look away from those eyes that keeps me awake at night wishing I was in her place, I would say yes the minute he ask me out.

"Say hi to Tammy." he gesture with his head towards her place.

"She'll hear, bye." I wave and turn to knock on her door.

Tamuno's POV

I see Vicky stop to talk to Michael, I only realized he was a rich kid when he started staying at Daniel's. The Jibuno's were really welcoming and it really took the duo friendship to another level, why Michael doesn't stay at home.... we don't know.

As Vicky rest on the driver's door I feel a pang of jealousy wishing I was the one there, I know she's my friend but I kinda envy her.
Vicky Abayomi is few weeks shy of sixteen but she's the most independent and strongest person I know, despite family trouble she always look happy and to confess she's damn beautiful.

I make my way back to my bed and plop on it before she comes, I guess she's spending the night since she takes forever to come up.

"Hey Tam." she says as she enters. We've been through the issue of knocking and being Vicky she never learns so I let it pass.