Chapter 11: Lies untold

Tammy's POV

"I have no idea what you're saying." Nancy defends herself. "I choose to be on this contest and I'm not backing out now. Faye caused this not me."

"Oh please, stop Fayeing everything. You have to stop putting blames on someone else. Own up Missy, own up." Esther shuts her down for the umpteenth time today.

"You know what, I'm actually confused. Why are you still on that contest after all this. You're either super brave or totally dumb. What do you think you're doing?" Vicky shouts back at her.

"I'm staying in the contest and I don't care if half the school things I'm stupid." Nancy was obviously trying to bypass the real deal.

"Who's talking about the contest. I'm talking about this silly." Esther points to her phone pacing back and forth. "You know I meant the boys."

"That's true. Nancy what we heard is it true?" I really wanted them to stop being on each others neck.

I look back and forth between the girls as Vicky and Nancy argued. It's no news that Nancy had an unfinished business with Gozie but it's a hot news that Esther overhead some boys say Nancy was a bad girl in bed.
Trust Vicky never to let things slide easily, she has to open up or else these girls will show her hell.

"Nancy. Are they right or wrong?" Esther was really getting pissed off.

"Believe whatever you want. I don't care."

"Will you shut it for once. Half the school thinks you're a slut and you're cool with it. Nancy." I groan inwardly.

"Sweet little Miss Nancy did you f the guy or not." Gosh Vicky was being Vicky at the wrongest time.

"Don't dare insult me Victoria."

Victoria, this babe was super angry.

"If you think that's an insult you should hear the guys praise your prowess. Girl you had 'sex' with him on your first date and you think it's super cool. Omigosh!" Esther wasn't going to let her hear the last of it.

"Please girls calm down. Nancy did it and so what." They all turn to look at me.

Oops, I never meant for it to come out that way.

"You support this?" Vicky gives me a disgusted look.

"No. What I'm saying is that we should hear her out. She couldn't have done it intentionally..."

"And not tell us." Esther cuts me off. "I totally forgot, remember how she lied that all was fine the next day.  Remember." she's beginning to raise her voice and my mom might hear us.

"Hush girl. The house is full remember. What..."

We all turn to our phones as it beeped simultaneously.

Small circle, big secrets. One out more to go, what say you.
Boom that's how we roll.

"What the hell!" we look up as Vicky exclaims.

"More to go." Nancy scoffs. "That means we all have our little dirty secrets. Keep playing judge, I'm out."

I watch as she leaves laughing, do I know the girls I call my friends. Like do I really know this girls at all. It seems whoever this is hasn't started with us.

More to go, way to go girls.

"We're  officially doomed."

"Just you not me." Vicky instantly replies Esther.

The calm atmosphere was the best time to get things sorted out. I look at my friends with more questioning look than I ever had.

"Do I know you girls?"

Shit, did I just say that

"I don't understand you Tam, what do you mean by that."

"She means how many more lies are you two hiding." Nancy barges in, obviously having cried her eyes out.

"Nannycy." I start to reach out to her.

"Save it Tam, and don't call me that." She moves to the wardrobe. "I forgot this." she pick up her backpack.

The girls had few of their clothing at my place, this was to symbolise our friendship since slumber nights were mostly held at my place. If she's taking her backpack that means.

"I'm leaving, it was nice having you girls as 'friends' " quoting the word 'friends' on air. "Now I know you girls are backstabbing bitches. Looking forward to knowing your dirty lies."

"Nancy please..."

"Save it. We're done."

We watch as she leaves again. This girl's is really crazy.

4-1, let the countdown begin.

"Fuck you bastard." Esther slams her phone on the table.

Oh my! This is the first time hearing Esther curse. This anonymous person was getting on our nerves already.

We sit quietly for some minutes, pondering on what happened the last few hours.

Esther had finally had the courage to go talk to Tayo and was all set to make their meeting superb. Well in other to get to him she had to go through the gym and trust me the gym hall was were you really get updated. Gossip girls and lustful guys all lie in wait for their prey.
If you've got no stamina, you've got to fall in now. I guess that's how the gym slogan goes. Unfortunately for sweet Nancy she was the victim for that day.

Some guys who happened to be present at Gozie's party last year got a message from an anonymous person.

Not all females are to be called miss. Some should be tagged as bitches. Little Nancy is a bitch and this witch got me all clinged.

As if the text wasn't enough attached to it was a short video of our girl caught in the act with a blurred photo of the guy. I feel so pained, who'll dare do that to her, who'll do this to us.

First we had to deal with Vicky and now this. Not to forget the pictures I got.

Damn it, those pictures.

"Tamuno, Tamuno."

"Ma, I'm coming." I snap out of my thoughts as I hear my mom call again.

"I think it's best I leave." Esther picked up her bag with a long face. This mysterious person was pulling everyone down and it's so not cool.

"Tamuno. "

"I'm coming." I dash out of the room taking two stairs at a time and then I'm down.

"Good evening Miss Egoh, I'm Inspector Lawrence and you're needed for questioning at the police station. " he flashes his badge at me.

"What!" I hear collective gasp as his partner brings out his handcuffs.

What, are you kidding me.  Police for what...... I'm sick and tired of this roller coaster ride.
Seriously do I even understand this girls.

If you're as confused and intrigued as I am do well to comment and tap the little star.