Chapter 9: On planet earth.

Anonymous POV.

What on earth goes around with two legs and comes back to stab you in the back?

A friend.

Right now I'm so pissed at her for ruining our plans, what the hell was she thinking being friends with that outcast. She stepped on the tail of a hungry lion and now she's going to get eaten, sleep sweet my little Pony.

I'm sure by now our pretty little Missy must have gotten the message, time to get Hermes because time wasn't a friend. As much as I want to overlook this the dump must be empty and the only way is to.....

"Burn."

Vicky's POV

"Fire, fire." I scream. "Someone call the fire brigade." I grab my brother running out of the house. I was soaked in my sweat while tears stream down my face as I watch our house burn. Whatever started the fire was a mystery as all installed fire alarms failed to work.

I had just returned from school when I smelt something burning, baby Tobi had ran to me screaming that a fire had started in his room. Within minutes the little fire had grown and engulfed part of his room and before we made our way downstairs the fire was spreading.

"Jesus! Vicky what the hell happened?" I fall into the waiting arms of Esther still holding a firm grip on my brother.

The fire department had arrived within minutes and were battling the fire which seem to be fueled magically.

"Tobi are you alright?" Nancy carried my crying brother who was already scared from the commotion.

"Tobi come here it's okay." I carried him again trying to calm him down.

"Jesus!"

I look to see my dad staring at his half burnt house, all anger towards him dissipated as I run to him hugging him with all my might. He might be the worst parent ever but he's still my dad, he's the only parent I had and we were going to face this together.

"Dad what are we going to do? Our house _" I couldn't bear to take another peek as the sight was heartbreaking.

"Don't worry pumpkin, we'll sort this out. We always do."

Pumpkin.

When was the last time he called me that, I couldn't remember. I hug him once more as he caress my hair, I miss such moments with my dad. What a pity it took a tragedy to get us this close again.

"They can spend the night with us." I look up as I feel a blanket covering me, Mrs Egoh, God bless her kind heart. No wonder Tammy was such an angel.

"Thanks ma."

I watch the fire department from across the street and soon enough two police vans arrived including my worst nightmare... Journalists.
No hard feelings but journalists sometimes distort the truth in their articles and right now I was in no mood to give a story.

Well fate was so not a friend as they rush over to me, my dad immediately ushered my brother and I into his car as the girls joined in the back seat. Good thing Tammy's house was on the other street.

Hours later and we're gathered in Tammy's room as Tobi is left in Mrs Egoh's care. I barely take a sip from the hot tea as we all process the information received few minutes ago.
The fire wasn't an accident it was arson. The Patrol Security found an envelope with a note written in blood which read 'tick tock'.
That's all.

'What does it even mean?."

Tick tock

"Why would anyone write that? Have you offended anyone lately?" Nancy was already white, I mean blood was drained from her face and her fair colour made it so obvious.

"None that I know of. Except Faye but she wouldn't do something like that." I was really destabilised, I couldn't think straight but I noticed Tammy was quiet.

"Tammy what's up ? You're quiet." God bless Esther.

"I'm just thinking. If it was arson then I think they're trying to send a message."

Message, what's this girl saying.

"Don't look at me that way okay, you asked a question and I answered." Tam was way too defensive.

"I think she's right. They did leave a message written in blood remember." Gosh must Esther be so frank.

"Are you saying someone is after my life, like after my family." I was 100% on panic mode.

"No I think _" Tammy stopped to check her phone notification as a message came in.

We watch her leave for the balcony and then we heard a scream. We all ran to meet her and on the balcony rails there was blood with a message written in blood on the floor 'says the clock.'

Okay I'm freaking out also. Who'll burn down poor Vicky's house just to get a message across.

Oh dear me, my heart is broken for her. I feel her pain, do you.

Vomment.
Love you.