Chapter 15: Scars from the past 1

Just wanted to give a kiss to you 😘😘

~~~~

Esther's POV

I don't know how long I've been running but I keep running, I run even when I'm out of breath already and would have kept running if my legs didn't give way under me.
I fall to the ground hopeless and helpless, mystery man was doing all he could to stain our community and sadly he's been getting away with it.

I look around my environment, Abuja was well known for being rocky and right now I was almost at the edge of cliff. I would have died.

Thank you Father.

Too weak to stand I just pick pebbles around and throw them into the flowing river below, hearing faint sounds as it penetrates into the water.

What led to this?, I repeated the same question I have been asking myself for a while now. The calm breeze was really soothing and I feel at ease once more. Regaining my strength I deep my hand into my pocket to bring out my phone, I had to know the time.

"Holy cow." my phone was missing, reaching deeper into my pocket I feel something smooth and hard.

"What's this." I bring it out and see the most beautiful sea shell ever. On close observation I noticed something like a lock, clicking it open I realized it was a locket. Not just any locket but Faye's locket, I mean Faye Williams locket. How on earth did this get into my pocket.

Nancy's POV

Tammy has finally woken up but things are still getting heated up. Bukola is missing and Vicky suddenly disappeared. I know I'm not supposed to be here but I Miss Tammy. I miss my friends and it's really killing.
I have no business being here because ever since they backstabbed me I swore never to have anything to do with them but it was a lie. My girls where worth all the craziness and pain in the world.

Right now I'm opposite Majesty Hospital, were Tammy was admitted to. I hate the smell of disinfectant and others in a hospital but I had to see Tammy no matter what.
I walk into the hospital scrunching my nose as the familiar hospital smell hits me, the last time I walked into one was bad news and this was no different. I ask the nurse on duty for her ward, following her directions I'm faced with a huge door.

Majesty indeed.

I push the door open to reveal a bleak looking Tammy chained to the hospital bed, the sight was heartbreaking.

"Tammy."

"Nancy." she says weakly. "I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you, I couldn't bring myself to speak up. Sincerely I thought being quiet was best for us but I was wrong, I'm so sorry."

I look at her like she suddenly started translating Greek. "Hello. I'm the one to apologize, I messed up that night and couldn't say a word about it. I'm the one to plead, not you babe." I nudge her shoulders playfully.

Pretty Tammy was my role model. I so wanted to be like her, all loving and caring and gentle. She was such an angel who couldn't hurt a fly, she was an angel, my angel.

"Cheer up girl, you're getting out of here soon."

"I know, but I'm not so expectant about it. From station to hospital and back to the station, it's not a thing to look forward to."

I look at a downcasted Tammy, how did all this happen. Vicky has vanished into thin air and Esther_.

"I know dear, but are you sure you didn't offend anyone. Like, you know. Like Faye."

"I have no issues with her, never bothered about her. Why will she want to hurt me." she gives me a look that says just kill me now.

"I don't know, maybe she got pissed off after the community's cup competition or maybe something happened at the field or maybe some_"