Chapter 14: Lost

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to @isaacGodwin for his wonderful comments. Thanks love.

Playlist for this chapter is Titanium by Sia. Things are beginning to get messy so let's go with the flow. 😍

Vicky's POV

I sigh for the tenth time in the last five minutes. Esther sounded a bit disturbed when she called me. No matter how hard she tried hiding it I could sense a bit of anxiety in her voice while telling me of Tayo's baby sister's party.

We were not being invited but she wanted to know if it was okay going over later in the day to which I agreed. We had this tradition between us to seek for permission before going the extra mile with guys; to which the other three must give their approval. Tammy was yet to wake up and Nancy had gone_

Nancy where are you when we need you most.

I couldn't bear to think of how our friendship took one bad turn from the day the video leaked. I was still staying at Tam's and seeing Mrs Egoh broken made me weak. I had drained the little strength I had preparing a meal thrice which she never ate. Not even the banga soup which the Deltans so much love.

When tomorrow comes, I'll be on my own. Feeling frightened of things that I don't know.
When tomorrow comes, when tomorrow comes, when tomorrow comes.

I grab my phone, funny how my ringtone perfectly describes my situation. Barden Bellas are seers.

"Hello. Hello."

"Hello Kitty, how are you?" tears stream down my face as I hear that familiar voice again. That singsong voice of hers that never fails to make me smile.

"Teresa."

"Yea baby it's me. I'm in town want to ball." she laughs her usual crazy laughter that makes you want to laugh too.

"Teresa. I'm not fine, stuffs being happening lately and it's choking me up."

"This babe got all the time to listen.", I smile as I remember how nosy she can be sometimes.

"No problem, it's your call card." I fill her up on the details she asked. We laughed, cried and giggled at some point. Did I forget to add Teresa snorts like hell.

"Kitty you need to cheer up. Why not come over to my crib tomorrow and we'll go over these issues once more and thrash them out."

"Thanks dearie, l'll be right there.", I feel better having talked to her, the one person who can rival Tamuno's place in my heart.

Tomorrow please be good.

I fall asleep only to be woken up by police sirens the next day.

"Good morning Ma we have a warrant to search your house." I hear inspector Lawerence say.

Not this man again, he never does any good. Hearing more clearly I realize Tammy's father was back from his trip. Can things get anymore messier, one way to find out.
Tiptoeing to the door I hear footsteps climbing up the stairs so I rush back to bed and feign sleep just in case.

Almost an hour later I hear a voice shout. "Found it."

From the uproar generated downstairs I realized that an envelope of pictures was found in her dad's room and unfortunately one of them was the late victim.

Tammy is innocent.,  I scream inwardly.

I remember the day she called me informing me of the midnight scream, we laughed it off as a joke and now this same issue was the reason my friend is cuffed to her hospital bed. How the photos got here was a mystery just as the mystery man's identity remained a mystery.

I couldn't stay here any longer as I might pass out from shock.
Gathering few of my belongings I text Teresa to let her know I'm on my way. This was a wrong time to leave my best friend's family but it will be bad if I get mentioned and worst if they knew the part I played.

With my mother gone, a burnt house and a troubled father who would take care of Tobi. He was the only person close to be called a family now and I'll do anything to ensure it remains that way.

I get downstairs and thankfully I meet no one so I leave a note saying I'll be away for sometime. Thank God Tobi had been taken to my aunt's place.

If Lakeview community decide to be a pain, Mandela's town was my last resort. I really needed a break.

Anonymous POV

Things were going as planned, with them out of the way the plan should work out fine. Everything was already put in place, we should get going.

I smile as my favorite song comes to play.

You'll provide the fire, I'll provide the sacrifice.

Right now the only thing missing was the trigger and that's been set in place. I look at the dashboard once again as I see her leave the house. 8.05am, five minutes more and the deal is done. Countdown.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

"Snap."

Esther's POV

I feel shivers down my spine as I reread the note once again.

Little girls don't get hurt, they only go for a ride.

It's been hours since the police had been on a search for Bukola, Tayo's baby sister. The duo had gone for a ride on the Ferris wheel as a post birthday gift to her but when she didn't return with the other kids it became a source of worry.

I get to the park as fast as I can seeing a downcasted Tayo hunched over Bibi her teddy bear (she had named it). Bibi's right leg was partly smuged in blood and had it's bow tossed across the grass.

The pinkest shade, so this is what it was meant for. It was meant to distinguish the little girl from other kids. The pinkest shade was really outstanding but how did mystery man know she would ride on the Ferris wheel today if he wasn't a part of the family.

Things were getting worse and my mind was in a mess. I hate people playing with me and I just need time to clear my head. I do the last thing needed of me, I run.

What was Vicky's part of the game?

I know, we're both freaking out. I hate kidnap, I hate death, I hate bad news.
Who on earth is this mystery man and how does he knows their movement before hand. Yuck.

Three chapter in two days, it's worth celebrating.
😁😁😁