Chapter 21: Mission

Tammy's POV

I alight at Lincoln's hotel and the mirror glass doors intimidates me a bit. Lincoln's one of the best hotels in the country and stepping my feet on the pavement I could not but gasp in awe of the wonderful edifice before me.  Walking down to the entrance feels like being in heaven, it's terrace are lined with the prettiest of flowers which I barely know and it's gold-plated oval sliding doors were breathtaking.

If you think the exterior is beautiful you need to get in. The interior is another wonder of its own. Lincoln supposed to appear on the list for the wonders of the world.

I bump into a man while turning back to catch one more look of the golden jar that forms part of the doorway. The rich are just that, rich.

"Miss Egoh."

I turn to the valet who I just passed. "Yes please."

"This way ma'am." he gestures, leading the way to the banquet.

We take the elevator to the sixth floor and the outfits of the other occupants depicts money.
I feel my heart beat faster as each step brings me closer to the hall. I'm really doubtful about this but the girls trust me and I can't let them down, I can't let my father down.

Clutching the key chain on one hand I whisper a small "hello" hoping they hear me.

"You can do this Tam." Nancy says softly.

"What!" I gasp. They never told me I came with another device. I run my hands through my hair and touch the small earphone above my ear. Good thing my mane was puffed out or else.

When was this fixed ?

"Oops...forgot to tell you about that. Twas when I hugged you." Esther laughs.

"You should have told me." I whisper earning a look from the valet.
I just smile and look away.

"And get you chicken out right."

"No no," Nancy adds in the background. "We promise not to get in your way."

"Just shut up and stay out of my head." the last words comes out in a singsong voice.

"Ma'am," the valet push the heavily built doors open and I feel my adrenaline rush in that minute.

I summon courage and walk in aware of the inquisitive eyes staring at me. My type wasn't accepted in places like this and Faye knew it, little wonder why she insisted on me coming.

"I see you made it."

Of course. I need to know how you got into my room, that's if you did.

"Like I have a choice." I huff as she comes to face me.

"Hmmm...well nothing's stopping you from enjoying the party. Don't just try anything stupid." she flips her hair as a handsome young man comes into view.

"Ladies." he dofts an imaginary hat at us, leaning on the side of the bar. His light brown eyes checks me out as his lips curled into a mischievous smile.

Feeling uneasy I excuse myself getting lost amidst the the crowd.

"Damn it girl, you should have let us check him too." Nancy groans through the earphone.

I roll my eyes as I try to juggle between looking for mystery man and fit in with the crowd while shutting her off.

"Tammy."

"I heard you the first time so stay out of my head."

"Fine." the line went dead.

I position myself at a strategic point where I could oversee the activities clearly.
The dinner went on smoothly following the candidate's speech and other frivolities I cared less about.