Chapter 8: One, two, three..... roll.

Tammy's POV.

It's been three weeks since I got the suprise package, three weeks with no clue of who the sender is. So I'm going to forget it and focus on why Mr Benedict prefers elimination method to substitution in this algebra class I hate to take.  Smiling as the class fades from my view again I'm immediately snapped to the present when I hear my name being called.

"So Tamuno how do you get the value of X in this equation?" he ask with disapproval in his eyes.

"Urghh.... you..... "

Gosh there are three X's there can't he leave me alone. 

"I don't know sir." I admit earning that look he saves for the bad students again.

Don't get me wrong I'm supposed to be in between the two groups (good and bad) because while I've got good home training I can't stand algebra with a lot of X.

"Fine, after this class wait behind. You and the others are to be punished."

Geeez, I guess this is what they call 'detention'.  Way to go Tam, bad record 101 in your last session of high school.

I wait behind with the other defaualters for our punishment which I'm so not loving because it means I won't be able to meet up with the girls for chips and talk.

"In you go, we've got a lot of work to be done and I'm expecting you to finish that by the end of the week."

"what!!." we all exclaim staring at the stuffy, dirty, abandoned classroom.

By the looks of it, it was once a music room or sort. One week wouldn't get all the job done, this is Wednesday and we got just three days to finish up.

"Mr Ben, can't we ask help from the cleaners?" a short girl by my right asks.

"Sir, this is a lot of work." another student chips in.

"Well the only help you'll be getting is that of the cleaning supplies over there. Goodluck to you." he walks out of the room leaving behind grumbling students.

"If we hope to be on schedule we should as well start now." I motion to the room with my hands earning killing glares from each student.

"Miss goody singer, you're free but I've got a ride to catch that means you lead the team. " a voice retorts behind me and I turn to see Maggie, the queen bee of our school.

"Uhn... I think we're all supposed to do the work. ' someone says shutting up immediately Maggie turned his way.

Queen bee be dammed, we're all doing this together. I go to the nearest item and yank the covering off.

Omigosh !

"Ol'boy." someone mutters among the different gasps, even queen bee was rooted to the spot.

Before us was the grandest baby piano ever, the Black Keys were so tempting to touch and the guitar strings just behind was so sleek that it look new.

"Geez, so Lakeview got something as cool as this and we never knew." the shorty whistle again while running her hands along the keys. "I'm so playing this."

"You can?" Maggie asks.

"Of course Missy."

"Let's see what else we got."  another student yanks of the other covers.

"Wooowwww!!!!"

Standing before us was a complete band instruments. Since we all had ideas of the instruments some of us went to our instrument of expertise while the remaining three students grabbed the mic.
After a sound check we were good to go.

"One, two, three.. Roll." Maggie screams while brandishing the bass guitar.

Music feels the air immediately as I take the lead while strumming the lead guitar.

This is the chance I've been waiting for, a time to go on and make a move.
No matter what I'll still be here, no matter where I'll be with you.

Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh,
I'll be here right here, right here,  still right here.
Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh,
No matter where, I'll come along.

Looking into your eyes I see the stars, burning like a fire right through the night.
No matter how hard I'll be the best, onward oh ever I'm coming through.

Oh oh oh oh,  oh oh oh oh,
I'll be right here, right here, still right here.
Oh oh oh oh,  oh oh oh oh
No matter where, I'll come along.

This is the time I've been waiting for,  a time to go on and make a move.
No matter what I'll still be here,  no matter where I'll be with you.

Excitement fills the room as I look around amazed they still remember the song I composed to win the community cup. Everyone mood lightens up since the tension has been broken.

Wow.

"That was amaaaazing. We should do this again sometime." the drummer girl  throws her sticks upward only to catch it faster than the speed of light.

A couple of 'yes' resounded.

"This is the best punishment ever." I sit with smiles. "I'm Tamuno and you?"

'Kemi,  call me Kaysticks." drummer girl replies with a handshake.

Geez ! she got a strong grip.

"I'm May."

"May do what?" Kaysticks ask.

Shorty laughs, "No, that's my name May."

This time I look at her like she suddenly grew horns.

"That's ridiculous, May! a name.....what were your parents thinking. Well I'm Maggie short for Magereth." Queen bee mode reactivated.

May just shrugs. Funny how you never knew some people name even after spending three years together.

"Nice to know your names, I'm Tony." singer tenor says.

"Maya and my twin is Zara." One of the mischievous twins say with a smile.

Twins and trouble.

"That leaves me to be Tope but you can call me Topzy." Must all saxophonist put up a display, I roll my eyes at this wannabe Nathaniel Bassey.

"That's great, now guys we're supposed to be working right." trust me to break great moments.

Everyone quickly scurry to pick up cleaning supplies and just as we begin I start humming the melody of 'status quo' by high school musical. Sure enough everyone joins in with Tony and Tope beat boxing while the rest hum softly. 

We really made a good acapella group, maybe detention wasn't a bad thing after all.

The song CHANCE was written by me few minutes ago, I hope you like it though.

Well personally I'm itching to play something nice... Maybe a drum.
Well just like Maggie would say...... Vote, what are you waiting for.  Comment now.