Chapter 10: Sound of music

Vicky's POV

She kept on running dragging a big teddy with her, she looked back and screamed as the figure chasing her got closer. She couldn't stop now, not when the main road was in sight. Just when she thought she would make it her leg got stucked in the mud and when she tried to free herself her gown got caught on a thorn from the tree nearby.

She looked around the forest seeing no other way out except the main road which was few metres ahead.

"Please.", she stretches her hand in tears as the cloaked figure approaches.

"What did I tell you?" he grabs her by the hand as the young girl pleaded.

"My mommy." she screamed as her shadow fades into the darkness.

I gasp for breath as I wake up sweating all over, this is the third time I'm having this nightmare. We've been staying at Tammy's place since the incident and the girls have been giving me their moral support.

I look at the bed to see my friends sleeping while Tammy as usual spooned Nancy who so loves the comfort of being in another's arm. Little wonder why she's yet to get a boyfriend; I mean she's in love with Gozie but not ready to commit even if the guy is so into her.

I think she still has issues with him following the community's cup competition or the prank, I had no idea what really went wrong but both parties haven't been themselves since last year.

"What's wrong?" I turn to see Esther sitting up. Tammy might be my best best friend but Esther was like our mother hen. She's loaded with words of wisdom and knows the right things to say at the right time.

"I asked a question girl. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just felt like standing by the window."

"You're lying and we both know that. What's wrong?"

I sigh deeply wondering if I should confide in her. I look at her again and my trust for her won over.

"I've been having these dreams for sometime now."

"Okay." she nods urging me to go on.

"In this dream I see a young girl of about two running away from something in the woods. It's dark and creepy but she's aiming for the main road and each time she gets stucks and falls down. In the end a cloak figure grabs her and she screams for mommy."

"That's really creepy. What do you think about it?"

"I don't know, like how those it connects to me."

"I have a feeling that someone somewhere is responsible for all these and it's connected to this dream."

"Seriously, but what's the motive behind all this? First was my mother and now my house, must everything dear to me leave. They just vanish, poof! and they're gone into thin air. I think something is wrong with me." I didn't know when I break down in tears.

"Raindrops on roses and whispers on kitten, brown copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings these are a few of my favorite things.",I smile as she starts my favorite song.

"....When the dog barks, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so sad."

I look at my girlfriends with admiration, these girls are really my life. We have a group hug amidst tears and I must confess this was one of the rare moments when I feel valued.

Gists, laughs and more tears followed the night as we relieved moments of the past years. Soon everyone began  feeling sleepy except Tammy who offered to clear the little mess we made.

"Night night Tams." we all say drowsily piling once again on each other. No matter how big the bed was, there was always someone's leg on you.

"I love you girls."  I call out.

"We love you too honey.", they reply.

I know the road will be rough but with my girls I'm ready to conquer the world.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter but then..... It's they time of the year again.
Oh gosh it's exam time again.  Two weeks to exam and three weeks to IT commencement and I'm like Father take control.

Thanks for staying put, I cherish you all.
I'll try to update you all.  Kisses.