Chapter 17: Interrogation gone wrong.

Tamuno's POV

The knocking on the door reminded me out of the situation at hand and Nancy quickly lots her skirt down.
Walking in stern faced was inspector Lawerence and my mom.

Gawd! I hate this man.

They've come to escort me back to the police station, that place of horror again.

"I see you're better now. We should get going, they're lot of things to be covered." he uncuffs me to enable me get out of the bed.

I flex my wrist seeing the red marks it had imprinted on them. It was good to have my freedom back, even if it was temporary.

"Can I come too?" sweet Nancy ask obviously hoping for a yes.

"No." he answers sternly and walks out making sure I was behind him. You'd think just one policeman was enough, iffa hear, they were two more in the waiting room and one in the police van parked outside.

I hear my mom sniff as onlookers began to gather and some youth brought out there smart phones and recorded the whole event, typical Nigerians. Waving Nancy from across I duck my head as I was being led to the van.

Journalists.

No doubt my story is already on the news, let me see the heading should be something like this: TEENAGE GIRL INVOLVED IN MURDER CRIME or YOUNG MUDRERER GETS ARRESTED or_

"_do you understand?. Grace."

The officer by my left nudge me to get my attention.

I raise an eyebrow looking at him before he gestured to Inspector Lawerence sitting in front.

"I said do you understand?" he ask again turning to face me.

"Yes sir." I reply having no idea on what he said.

We arrive at the station and the crowd we met made the ones at the hospital a mere child's play.

"Now." he orders and I felt a hand dragging me while running.

Oh boy!

So this is what he meant. We enter the police station and walk straight to the front desk.

"Where is the result for the test?" he ask a chubby female officer who had been busy with her beans and bread not minding the commotion outside.

"Sir." she salutes.

"I said the results for the test, have they been sent?"

"No sir, it should be here soon." she answers having composed herself.

"What's taking them so long we have a murder case at hand and the LSDFC can't respond on time. Check your mail if the documents had been sent and stop wasting my time."

"Yes sir." she salutes again as we left the reception.

I finally confirmed he was just as harsh to everyone as he was to me. But the LSDFC (LAGOS DNA AND FORENSIC CENTRE) this must be big to warrant sending a sample to Lagos for testing.

*

We're once again seated in the interrogation room and while I want to get over with inspector Lawerence seems just about getting started.

"In the last meeting you identified the victim so can we know what your relationship was with the victim?"

I never said I knew the victim.

I look at Barrister Desmond who gives me the go ahead before I speak.

"I never knew her personally, only from what I saw on TV and I didn't even get her name."

"So you're saying you never knew the victim before now."

"Yes sir.

Hmm, he brings out a folder.

Not again.

The last time he did that I got accused of murder, well not really but I earned extra pairs of eyes, security wise.

"Miss Grace Egoh. If you say you had no personal relationship with the victim, how did this envelope get to your house?" he brings out the envelope containing the pictures I received weeks back.

Oh no.

My heart skip a bit, if he goes through them assuming he hadn't he will see other pictures including Faye's, I'll become a suspected murderer. A threat to Faye, a threat to the community, a national threat.

Lord have mercy.

He holds out the envelope watching for my reaction which was a dead giveaway, I knew something about this and it was obvious. He calmly brings out the pictures and I hear even my lawyer shift in his chair. This was my doom, this is where I die.

"You know any." he arranges the pictures on the table, five of them and one of them was Faye's.

"Yes." I whisper and point to Faye's picture.

"What of the one with a X?"

We hear a knock and we all turn to the door. Thank God I didn't have to answer that

"Sir the results just came in from the lab." a low ranking officer hands over another envelope to him.

Envelope again.

I was beginning to hate envelopes as they only brought more trouble. He opened it and leafed through the documents.

"I thought as much." he said giving me that look the police save for the bad guys.

I clasp my hands tightly to avoid trembling while I await his sentence.

"Bring him in." he says to the officer. Turning to me he said more sternly than usual. "We'll continue this discussion some other time, you're free to go but remember you're still under our watch, any slip and you'll be back here in no time."

"Yes sir, thank you sir." I stand up so happy that my object of disaster turned out to be my saviour. I look to see my mom still not smiling and when I turn to the door I see why.

Dad?

It's been a while I saw him and didn't expect our reunion to be in a police station not to be speak of him replacing me in the interrogation room. I look at the inspector with bewildered eyes expecting an explanation.

"Results from the lab shows that your father's fingerprint were found on the envelope and pictures. Well it's no surprise considering that it was found in his room. You may now excuse us please." he motions to the other officer to take me away.

"Dad.", I hug him wishing he wasn't cuffed.

"It's alright princess.", he gives me a sad smile.

"So Mr Egoh." I hear the inspector start the interrogation process all over again but this time with my father.

From Abuja to Lagos, you don't mess with a political family especially when elections are around the corner.

Comment, like, share.
Kisses.