Chapter 22: Captive.

I storm out of Lincoln's in more annoyance than fear. How dare mystery man involve Gozie in this sick game. What has the poor boy done to deserve this? Will this be ransom for Bukola's kidnap?

I get he's just a rich kid interested in planning elaborate parties and getting swoon by girls but is that enough reason to kill him. I'm tired of playing queen, I'm letting the authorities know and I'm doing it now.

I flag down a taxi determined to report to the authorities when a black van speed past, splashing water on me.

"Damn," I look at the vehicle and the driver gives me a fuck you sign for good measure.

"Ma'am." the taxi diver calls my attention.

"Sorry for the delay," I settle in momentarily forgetting my wet self. "to the station." I instruct ignoring the warning sounds in my head.

"You're kidding right?" Esther asks over the earphone.

"Nope. And do me well to stay out of my head," I unplug the earphone knowing she won't listen.

In five minutes I've gotten fifteen missed calls from both of them, not wanting to answer I switch my phone off and that's when I actually take notice of my environment. This isn't the way to the station, the driver is taking me elsewhere, somewhere far from home.

"Where are you taking me to?" I scream hitting the driver.

"It would have helped if you just went home," he parks in front of a deserted fuel station.

I scream more as he locks all four doors, tuck the key into his back pocket and head for an uncompleted building opposite the station. Reaching for my cell to call the girls the no signal alert stares back at me. I affix the earphone again hoping to hear from them but the line was dead.

Good measures for wanting to play smart kid.

Hitting the doors did little to help and I resort to searching the car certain about a jammer somewhere or else I'll be gone for good.

"Think Tamuno, think." I scold myself praying the search isn't futile.

Hearing the back door unlock I squirm to the other side of the door as a hand reaches forward and grab me. Struggling was of no use as mask man pins me down in no second. I try to fight as another person approach me with a syringe in hand.

"Please," I whimper, tired of struggling.

I watch as the other person uncaps the syringe, with the last bit of strength I push my self forward to bite my captor's hand. He yelps as his hands come off me, my short freedom expires when the other swiftly grabs my hands.
I scream as the syringe plunges deep into my skin. Struggling to keep my eyes open, I feel my muscles ache and my nose throb.

"I'm sorry Gozie," I say as my body shuts down.

#

A migraine is the first thing I feel as my eyes flutters open. My muscles still ache and my nose still throbs.
I raise my head slowly to see myself surrounded by unused appliances. I should be in a storeroom judging by the cobwebs, boxes and terrible stench.

I try standing when I notice I'm being tied to the chair. My scream for help came out in muffles due to the rag over my mouth.
My eyes widen as I make out out someone on the far end of the room. It was Bukola, Tayo's missing sister. My happiness knows no bounds as I breath a sigh of relief knowing she's safe.

It's obvious she's been drugged too as she struggles to open her eyes. Thankfully she's neither tied nor gagged like me but when she tries standing for the second time I notice something off about her. She's been raped, the stench was unmistakably from her. This little girl is just six and she's already been defiled and tossed as dirt.

I suddenly feel nauseous, biting hard on the rag to keep myself from throwing up lest I ingest it again. I'm still battling with nausea when I hear footsteps across the room. The room becomes lighted as the door opens and shuts in seconds. I hear a box move as my captor moves to sit in front of me flicking the light on.

I watch as Bukola stirred from across the room, her eyes adjusting to the light and widening on seeing me. I blink to calm her and try vainly to smile.

"Reunited already." he scoffs.

We both watch him as he loosen the rag around me.
"Bastard," I curse in a raspy voice as the rag falls from my face. "Why are you doing this to us? Who the hell are you?" I spit, finally free from the gag.

"Only three days and you're being like this. I like them fiesty you know." he slid a finger across my face making me recoil in disgust.

Was one person not enough for him and what's this about been here for three days. I was injected just yesterday.

"I only got here yesterday," I correct him.

"Oh," he smiles. "so they all say, but my dear you've been here for three days. Thanks to doctor Phil."

My eyes widen in shock again as I hear doctor Phil's name. He was one of the most respected and brilliant doctors in Lakeview. Little wonder why he had no competitors, it's all coming to light now.

"Shocked hun?" he laughs, taking delight in my plight.

I throw a glance at Bukola who isn't moved a bit, I couldn't blame her. Days of being with the monster had taken its toll on her.

"Apart from doctor Phil, who else assisted you?" I cock my head hoping he'll spill, that's if he were daft enough.

"Want to know all my secrets?" he grins and I catch a mixture of black and brown teeth. Evidence of years of smoking. "well you need to come with me."

He unties me and this gets Bukola running into my arms. I stroke her back in comfort, she's hardly recognizable with her hair gone and her lips cut. Must have had a series if beating in here.

"She's coming with us," I hold her tightly, refusing to let go of her.

"It's your choice." he leads the way and I follow, with her trotting behind me as we step out of the store room.

The things men do to remain in business. Doctor Phil... Hmmm.