2- Meeting Him

Brooklyn POV(Back to her first moving in)

Brooklyn POV
(Back to her first moving in)

I stepped off the plane with Kennedy by my side. Kennedy and my mom wanted to get away from our home town and have a fresh start.

Kennedy and I have been friends our whole lives. My mom used to be really close to hers till she started using drugs. Over the years it got worse she lost her job car then the house. Ever since Kennedy has been with us. Her mom is still out there somewhere but Kennedy wants nothing to do with her. Not that I can blame her.

 Not that I can blame her

(Kennedy)

We moved into these nice apartments. It was a three bedroom two bath. I really liked it. Me and Kennedy share a bathroom and my mom has her own. I dont mind sharing because Kennedy is really neat.

When we pulled up in my mom's car the whole hood and they momma was starting. Soon the moving truck and men arrived which only made them stare harder. The moving people got everything set up for us including all our bedroom a . The only thing left for us to do it put our clothes up.

My mom has money but she didn't want us to live above our means. Her Dad and brothers run a huge drug trade. My mom wanted nothing to do with the "Family business" so she went to school for nursing and had me. My Dad died when I was eight I don't remember him much but I know he made my mother really happy.

My grandfather and uncles sends us about 10,000 a month. My mom saves most of it. Shee still works even though she really doesn't have to. She says she loves taking care of other people and she doesn't do it for the money.

I look up to her, I want to be just like her. That's why I stay focused on the books. Not these little boys.

I woke up on Monday at 5:15 am I went and woke up Kennedy.

"Ayeee Ken it's time to get up I got the bathroom first" I semi yelled while knocking on the door.

"Okey just don't use up all the hot water" she replied.

"Okey bet" I said walking off.

I went to the living room to see if Mom was back from the night shift yet. She wasn't home yet so I lad out a blanket and her favorite chips in the living room. She is always super tired and jumps right to the couch.