Prologue

"Mummy!" I heard a small voice say.

A tiny body crawled onto the bed and sat between Alfie and I. The child crawled and sat on my stomach placing a hand on my face.

"Mummy?" The voice lowered to a whisper.

I opened one eye and stared at the small child. He was small even for a four year old. He looked just like Alfie, but he had my eyes, nose, and smile.

He was tanner than I, he got that from Alfie. And he had dark brown ruffled hair. He had full cheeks, but you could still see his cheek bones. He would grow up to be very handsome, much like his father.

"Yes Joseph?" I asked him quietly, as to not wake Alfie.

"I'm hungry." He said even quieter. I couldn't help but smile.

All of the sudden a cry rang out from down the hall.

"I'll get her." Alfie said. He rolled out of bed. Gave me a quick kiss on the lips and walked out of the room.

Joseph rolled off of my stomach and sat beside me. I stood up onto the cold hardwood floor and reset the duvet.

"C'mon." I said holding my arms out to Joseph.

He stood up and walked into my arms. I placed him on my hip and carried him out of the room and down into the kitchen.

Alfie was in the kitchen making a bottle for Natalie. She was 4 months old and tiny. She was like me, had a tiny skeleton, big blue eyes and thin blonde hair. The only thing she had of Alfie's was her skin shade. Tan. Adding even more beauty.

Alfie took the bottle and put it in her mouth. I made Joseph a bowl of porridge with fruit, and sat it in front of him on the table.

"Orange or Apple honey?" I asked him.

"Apple." He said as he began eating his breakfast.

I walked over and grabbed a sippy cup out of the cupboard. Filling it with apple juice. A hand touched the small of my back and a pair of lips touched the back of my head.

"Good morning." Alfie said taking his hand from my back.

I turned around to see him. He had circles below his eyes and 3 day old scruff that was turning to a beard. I took Natalie from him and cradled her in my arms. I walked over and gave Joseph the apple juice and started feeding Natalie again.

"Go back to bed." I said turning to back to him.

"What?" He question.

Natalie was done so I placed her bottle onto the counter and put her in her swinging chair. I walked over and took Alfie's face in my hands.

"You're tired." I said. "Go back to bed."

He leaned down and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you more." I said.

He turned and started up the stairs. I sat down at the table and watched Joseph eat his porridge.