Can I trust you?

It was Saturday morning, and Alfie and I were sitting in bed watching television and eating some breakfast.

"Alfie, can we go visit my dad and Joe today?" I asked, placing my empty cereal bowl on my bedside table.

"Of course!" He replied, spooning more cereal into his mouth and taking a drink of orange juice.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my dad. "Hey ZoBo!" He exclaimed once he picked up the phone.

"Hi dad!" I said, "Listen is it okay if me and Alfie come round?"

"Of course it is! You don't have to ask." He said.

"Okay! We'll see you around 2?" I said after glancing at the clock.

"Okay see you then. Love you guys!"

"Love you too dad!"

I clicked 'end call' and stood up from the bed. "We can leave around noon." I said grabbing Alfie's bowl and placing in mine.

"Okay." He replied opening his laptop and smiling at me.

I walked down stairs and put the bowls into the dishwasher and grabbed some towels out of the laundry room. On my way back up the stairs I grabbed the mail from the floor in front of the door and continued up the steps.

I handed the mail to Alfie. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay." He replied.

I took my pajamas off, placed them in the hamper, and stepped into the shower. Letting the warm water wash over my body. After washing my hair and body, and shaving my legs I emerged from the steam filled bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. My hair was down my back dripping onto the floor, but I didn't mind.

I sat down on the bed and placed some lotion in my hand, and started to massage it into my legs. Alfie stood up from the bed and walked over to my side.

"I'll be out in a few minutes." He said, taking my cheeks in his hands and kissing me.

"Okay."

I blow dried my hair and put it up into a bun on the top of my head. It was raining lightly outside and the news said it would be cold. So I pulled on a pair of black disco pants and an oversized lilac cable knit jumper. I turned on the fireplace and sat in one of the chairs to put on my shoes.

Alfie emerged from the bathroom and walked over to the wardrobe, grabbing some clothes out. He got a pair of pants out of the dresser and started getting dressed. After placing on my shoes I put some simple makeup on and walked downstairs.

After arming the house and turning off all the lights and the fireplace, Alfie and I walked out to his car. He opened my door and I sat down in the passenger seat. Backing out of the car park Alfie took my hand in his and started off down the motor way.

About 2 hours later we arrived. Stepping out of the car Alfie and I made our way up the walkway.

"We're here!" I shouted after entering through the front door.

My dad emerged from the front room and wrapped me in a hug. "Zoe!" He said.

Joe came through a door way and greeted Alfie. Once my dad let me go Joe gave me a hug.

"Hey Zo." He said.

"Hey."

My dad gave Alfie a hug and we walked into the front room. Sitting down and relaxing.

"How was the drive?" My dad asked.

"Good!" Alfie said placing an arm over my shoulder.

After about 25 minutes of conversation I stood up from the couch. "Excuse me, I need a drink." I said.

Once in the kitchen I sat on a barstool and rested my head in my hands. A hand brushed my back and I looked up. Alfie was standing on my left looking down at me.

"You okay?" He asked pulling me too him.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against him. "I have to tell them." I breathed.

"Tell them what?" He asked.

"That I'm joining MI6! What do you think Alfie?" I said.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. "Then tell them." He said kissing the top of my head.

We walked back into the front room and sat on the couch.

"Dad, Joe. Alfie and I have some news." I said, placing my hand on Alfie's knee.

"Yea." They said muting the tv and giving us their full attention.

"Can I trust you? That you won't get upset." I asked.

"Of course honey." My dad said. "Tell us anything."

I took a deep breath and looked at Alfie, who gave me a reassuring smile. "I'm pregnant."

Their eyes widened and jaws dropped. Both in unison with one another. They just sat there staring at us.

______________________

Thanks for reading!

Love, Caity.