I couldnt be more excited!

"Dad? Joe?" I said waving my hand in front of their faces.

Joe was the first to say something. "You're pregnant? As in you're going to have a baby?" Joe said gulping.

"Yes Joe." I answered looking down.

He looked at my dad who was staring off into space. "Hey guys, give us some time." I said looking at Alfie and Joe.

They left the room and I stood up from the couch. I walked over to my dad and placed my tiny hands on his broad shoulders. "Dad? I'm sorry okay." I said as tears started to well in my eyes.

He looked up and took my face in his hands. "For what?" He said standing up and pulling me to his chest.

"That I upset you." I said beginning to cry.

"Zoe! I am not upset! I am in shock! I couldn't be more excited!" He said.

"Really?" I asked sniffling.

"Yes! You an Alfie will make great parents!" He said hugging me tighter.

The boys walked back in and my dad wrapped Alfie in a hug and Joe hugged me.

"How far along are you?" My dad asked.

"2 months." I said sitting next to Alfie on that couch and leaning against him.

"Oh. Only 7 months to prepare!" My dad said smiling.

"How about pizza? My treat!" Alfie said patting my leg.

"Sure"!" We all said.

______________________

My shoulders were being shaken slightly. "Zoe? Zoe?" Alfie whispered quietly.

I opened my eyes to a squint and saw all three of them standing over me. "This is right murder movie material." I said rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

They all chuckled lightly and backed away. Alfie took my hands and lifted me from the couch. My dad and Joe walked us out to Alfie's car.

"Have a safe journey." My dad said shaking Alfie's hand.

"We will."

Joe gave us each a hug and ran inside the house. Escaping the cold.

"Turn on the heater. I'll be in, in a moment." I said to Alfie.

I leaned against the car and looked at my dad who had his arms crossed over his chest.

"You okay ZoBo?" He said.

"Don't tell mum." I said looking down.

"What?" He said.

"Don't tell mom about the baby." I stated once more. "I'm not ready to tell her."

My dad wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head. "Okay." He said. "I promise I won't."

I hugged him tightly and took a deep breath, his ever so familiar cologne filling my nose, bringing back childhood memories.

I let go of him and he opened the passenger side door. "Love you." I said after kissing his cheek and getting into the car.

"Love you guys." He said as he backed away from the car.

Alfie backed out of the drive and started off down the narrow street. I stared out the side mirror at my dad as we got further and further away.

I rested my head back on the seat and Alfie placed a hand on my knee, squeezing it reassuringly. I looked up and smiled at him.

"Love you." I said.

"I love you." He replied pulling my hand to his and kissing it.

I laid back and shut my eyes.

_____________________
Thanks for reading!
Sorry its so short.

Love Caity xx