There's my Zoe.

I called Louise, tears still pouring from my eyes.

"Chummy!" She shouted into the phone.

I was trying to catch my breath from the crying. "Louise." I said in between intakes of air.

"Zoe?! Are you okay?" She asked sounding extremely concerned.

"Can I come today?" I asked breaking down.

"Did something happen with Alfie?" She replied.

"No." I answered, hearing his name made me cry even harder. "I just...need to so you." I finally said.

"Okay. I'll be waiting. Drive safe."

"I will."

"Love You Zoe."

"Love You too Louise." I said hanging up the phone.

I drove home and whilst sitting in the parking lot I wiped the tears from my face and took 3 deep breathes. I walked into the building and stood outside of the flat door. "You'll be fine. Breathe. You're okay." The three sayings kept swimming around inside my head.

I swiped my card, put in the code, and walked into the flat. Alfie was sitting on the couch watching tv and working on his laptop. I bit my lip to hold back the tears.

"Hey gorgeous. How was the appointment?" He asked setting his laptop on the coffee table and standing up from the couch.

"Good." I answered hanging up my bag on the hook along with my coat.

He walked over to me and pressed his lips against mine while placing his hands on my hips. He deepened the kiss and lifted me off the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist and tangled my hands in his soft hair.

Tears started rolling down my face and I didn't notice. Alfie felt them and broke the kiss. "I'm sorry. Did I do something?" He asked with the saddest look ever on his face.

"No. It's me." I said wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in the crook of his neck. "Listen, Louise invited me over for some girl time. I'm going to be there till Friday." I said unhooking my feet and unwrapping them from his waist.

"When do you leave?" He asked, still holding my hands in his.

"Today." I answered looking at the ground.

He cupped his hands around my face and made me look up at him. "It's okay." He said leaning down and kissing my forehead lightly. "Better get packing."

-------------------------------------

Alfie sat my bags in the back of my car and shut the door. He turned to me and wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me off the ground.

"I'll miss you Little One." He said into my hair.

"I'll miss you." I answered kissing his cheek.

He placed me back on the ground and opened the car door so I could get in. I sat down in the car and Alfie shut the door. Rolling down the window I started the car and looked out at Alfie.

"Have everything?" He asked.

"Yep."

He poked his head inside the window and gave me a long, loving kiss before sending me off.

"I love you." He said, still inches away from my face.

"I love you more." I replied, lifting my hand and caressing his stubble covered cheek.

I rolled back up the window and watched Alfie as he walked back inside the building. As soon as he shut the door large rain drops started falling from the sky. I put the car in reverse, set the gps, and started down the road.