Christmas.

I opened my eyes the next morning to a dark grey sky, and sprinkles hitting the window. Rolling eyes I sat up in the bed. The clock said 7:30 and I heard pots banging downstairs. I stepped into my slippers and threw on my robe, starting down the stairs.

I peeked around the kitchen corner and saw Alfie preparing the turkey to put in the over. Smiling I walked in and wrapped my arms around his waist kissing his back.

"What time are they coming round?" Alfie asked.

"Well dad and Joe are brining the pudding and drinks, and Louise is bringing the potatoes and cranberry sauce. So I imagine around 11:30. I'll call and ask if you want." I replied stepping back from him so he could slide the turkey into the oven.

"Okay, thats fine." Alfie said swooping down and kissing me swiftly on the lips. "I'm going to get in the shower." He said walking up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs behind him and when he went into the bathroom I grabbed my mobile of the bedside table.

"Hi Dad!" I said into the phone.

"Hi ZoBo!" He replied cheerily.

"I was just wondering what time you and Joe are coming round?"

"Around 11. Is that okay?"

"Yep that's fine! Love you!" I said hanging up. I then called Louise.

"Chummy!" She shouted into the phone.

"Hi Chummy! What time will you guys be coming?" I asked.

"We're leaving around 8, so 10. That good?"

"That's great! See you soon Chummy! Love you." I said.

"Love you." She replied before we both hung up.

----------------------------------------

I pulled on a pair of black leggings and paired it with a sheer white top that had a lace collar. After buttoning up the top I stepped into a red dress.

"Alfie! I need your help!" I shouted down the stairs.

He came and walked into the room. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a navy blue jumper with red vans.

"Yes." He said.

"Can you zip this please?"

After he zipped up the dress he gave me a massive hug and walked back down the stairs to get the house ready.

The dress was fitting, yet loose. I curled my hair and slid on some black flats that had little red bows. My finishing touch was pulling the collar out from under the dress.

I walked down the stairs into the front room and raised the security blinds. It was still dark and grey outside but I didnt mind. Alfie had Christmas music playing on the surround sound and had set the table beautifully.

I heard a knock on the door and looked at Alfie, a smile appearing on my face. We walked to the door and opened it to see Louise, Matt and Darcy.

"Chummy!" I shouted throwing my arms around her neck.

Matt walked past us holding Darcy and the food, greeting Alfie on his way in. Alfie grabbed their bag of presents and followed Matt into the front room.

"Come in!" I said ushering her inside.

"Wow Chummy it's beautiful." She said looking around the apartment in awe.

"Hi Louise!" Alfie said snapping her out of her daze and wrapping her in a big hug.

"Zoe Chummy." I heard a little voice call from the ground. Darcy was at my feet playing with the hem of my dress.