Chapter 5 | Dinner is Served

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 5 | Dinner is Served

'Could it be her?' Beta Hytes' asked himself 'Luna Oswald is here, right across me.'

Disbelief was rolling off of him in waves and the Beta of the Blue Orion Pack sensed this.

'I wonder what she looks like...'

Beta Valise felt the waves of disbelief and amazement rolling off from the Moon Dawn Pack's Beta. He was about to growl at the Beta when Luna Oswald's hand stopped him.

"Don't mind him," she said softly. "Send the message that the Moon Dawn Pack shall have dinner with us. It'll be good if the pack can meet them." She continued and strode of to go to her room.

"Yes, Luna." Beta Valise said and bowed respectfully.

Beta Valise looked at the Beta of the Moon Dawn Pack; he nodded at him and disappeared. Beta Hytes stood frozen for a while before he went inside his room still shocked that he finally got the chance to meet Luna Oswald even though her face was covered.

'Alpha Horton, I have something to tell you.'  Beta Hytes said enthusiastically to Alpha Horton through the mind link.

※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎—※◎※◎※◎※◎※◎

Dinner in will be served after an hour, proceed downstairs.

The letter was slid under each door of The Moon Dawn Pack.

Now here they all are, waiting for dinner.

The dining room was grand filled with many rows of tables and chairs, a single huge chandelier hung above and illuminated the room with a soft yellowish glow it causes a 'homish' look, an opposite look compared to the storm brewing outside.

The sound of lighting shook the whole house making some of the shifters shift with unease. Their sensitive hearing picking up the frightening sounds of thunder and they tried to tune it down.

'What is taking pack dinner so long?' Alpha Horton thought, then he glanced at the wolves beside, behind, in front and everywhere around him.

'Oh, right I forgot' he said to himself sheepishly.

He stared at the Blue Orion Pack, their table was quiet and soft murmurs could be heard but not so loudly, their postures were of class and elegance, and their eyes wondered in nothing particular.

He then stared at his pack.

They were sitting in two different long tables. One for his pack and the Blue Orion Pack, as if to show how different they are from each other.

Both packs would occasionally sneak glances at one another but would not say a thing. They only kept to their pack members and shunned the other pack.

A bit of shame crawled up Alpha Horton's body, his pack was loud, noisy and particularly messy.

He cleared his throat and everybody silenced, just as he was about to say something the grand doors of the dining room flew open, there stood Luna Oswald still draped and hidden under her thick black coat, beside her was Beta Valise and slightly behind her stood Gamma Elroy.

She strode forward and went to sit in her own chair; she was placed in a different table.

Her own table.

There was a chair beside her, a very masculine chair, she sat on the daintier slightly looking at the empty chair beside her.

Alpha Horton imagined her eyes clouding up with sadness, the news of Alpha Richards' death drew the pack to close up and silently disappear, only to suddenly go up in the ranking system and took the spot of number one.