Chapter 53 | Possessed

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 53 | Possessed

Alpha Horton felt that something wrong was going on with his bond towards his mate. He stood up from his bed and was about to approach the door when he felt that his feet was stuck on the ground.

Alpha Horton frowned in confusion as he tried to move once more but suddenly a flash of light appeared and a letter was seen to be floating down towards him.

'Sit down and read the letter.' A compelling voice sounded in his ears and Alpha Horton was shocked to know that his body followed what the voice said.

He held the letter in his hands and smelled a familiar scent.

It was Hastis.

Alpha Horton was worried about his mate but he knew that Hastis wouldn't let him go if he didn't finish reading the letter.

He hurriedly opened up the letter and read its contents when he suddenly found himself growling in agitation. Alpha Horton could feel his wolf trying to rise up and take over his body.

Alpha Horton can feel his canines elongating and knew that he was going to shift if he could not control his wolf soon.

He gritted his teeth and clenched his hands tightly, blood began to trickle down his fists as his sharpened nails began to show.

Alpha Horton knew that he must not let his wolf take over because he cannot guarantee what will happen next.

It's hard to control your wolf from coming out but it's even harder to control it once you know that there is a threat to your mate's life.

Alpha Horton knew that his mate still hated him, he cannot just mark her to ensure her safety without her giving him his consent but as time goes on his control began to slip away.

Inside the hospital room a man lay sprawled on the floor on all fours. He was panting heavily and sweat began to drip down from his temples but soon a slow growl came out from his throat and he slowly stood up.

When the man opened his eyes once more, pure molten gold eyes looked back at him. The man tilted his head back and began to sniff the air heavily.

The scent of alcohol, antiseptic, and medicine filled the air along with other scents but that was not his focus.

Soon, he finally locked on a certain scent and began to walk towards it. His footsteps were uneven and a trace of wildness was left with every step.

The man retained his partly shifted claws and sharp canines, as his ears now resembled the wolf more than the man. He stalked his way to a certain door and slammed it open. The occupant of the room was alarmed because of this and faced the man.

Luna Oswald was shocked to see Alpha Horton standing in front of her. She wanted to ask him why he's in her room but stopped herself once she saw that Alpha Horton doesn't seem to recognize her.

His eyes reflected her whole being but it was clouded — it seemed to carry some emotion that's highly familiar with Luna Oswald.

Alpha Horton clearly lost his control over his wolf.

Luna Oswald immediately tried to look for a way to calm him down. A raging Alpha will only result to chaos.

"Alpha Horton." Luna Oswald called.

Alpha Horton only stood still and it seemed as if he didn't hear anything.

Luna Oswald stood up and saw Alpha Horton slightly tensing. She seemed to have thought of something and began to slowly approach him.