Chapter 13 | A Seed of Doubt

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 13 | A Seed of Doubt

Alpha Horton continued to walk the pack house when he unexpectedly passed by his pack members.

Some of them were polite; some eyed him with a new appreciation as they stared at his new form. He was somewhat proud to have achieved this in such a short amount of time but still, it wasn't enough.

He accidentally bumped by his other pack members but he didn't notice them much. He quickly dismissed some of their apologies because his thoughts were being taken over by a certain Luna whose face is covered by a cloak.

'Where could she be?' Alpha Horton asked himself.

He was looking for Luna Oswald when he accidentally bumped his Beta, no words were said much but it seemed that his beta was in a hurry. He let it go thinking that his Beta must be getting lucky or something since he had this smile on his face and his eyes held a certain glint and smelled a slight scent of lust coming off him.

Alpha Horton was about to head down the stairs when he saw Beta Valise from the Blue Orion Pack coming out of his room while holding his phone. Beta Valise was speaking in a hushed tone, Alpha Horton tried to listened in but the Beta was speaking in a different language.

A language that he didn't know, which was surprising because Alpha's had a very expensive education regarding learning other spoken languages.

It was necessary for them to know a lot of different languages because Alpha's from all around the world would sometimes gather at the Royal Palace to talk about business, and what better way to expand your territory and business to other continents?

A language he doesn't know is something strange indeed.

'Something seems off here.'  He thought to himself.

When he heard the Beta mention Luna Oswald, his curiosity got the best of him. Alpha Horton approached the Beta and tapped him on his shoulder.

Beta Valise looked back and saw the face of Alpha Horton, he arched a brow in question and immediately ended the phone call and acknowledged the Alpha in front of him.

"Alpha Horton, how May I help you?" Beta Valise asked, obviously interested as to why this Alpha is bothering him in the middle of his duties.

"I couldn't help but notice how Luna Oswald's name was mentioned. What do you plan to do with her?" The Alpha demanded to know.

Beta Valise laughed, which made Alpha Horton growl at him for the blatant display of disrespect to him and his title but Beta Valise didn't seem to care which angered the Alpha more. Alpha Horton's eyes darkened in anger and his hands were slowly shaking in anger. His wolf was demanding respect from the Beta in front of him.

Beta Valise smirked as he saw what was happening with Alpha Horton, he then arranged his facial expression to remain sincere in front of the hot tempered Alpha. Beta Valise's wolf growled in satisfaction. His wolf didn't like Alpha Horton since he spends his time chasing after Luna Oswald.

"Alpha Horton, I am the Beta of Luna Oswald. I do not wish any harm to come to her, she is my Luna and everything I do is with her on my mind. I am simply talking to an old friend who is about to visit this pack, please do not concern yourself about the Blue Orion Pack. You may be our ally but remember why you are here, Alpha." Beta Valise said calmly but on the inside he is feeling disgust for the Alpha who couldn't even protect and lead his own pack.