Chapter 46 | Cries Of Grief

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 46 | Cries Of Grief

Luna Oswald grabbed Alpha Horton and made her way towards the pack. Her mind is full of questions as a seed of doubt had been planted inside her heart which will soon grow into a strong and towering tree.

'Who is Desmond?' Luna Oswald asked herself as the sounds of fighting soon reached her ears.

She saw that only a few of Salvi's men are left standing. Countless bodies of her and Alpha Horton's pack lay on the floor with their souls returning back to their mother above.

Luna Oswald felt pain. She had closed their pack bond — an ability that only the ruler of the pack can have in order to lessen the feeling of losing a member during times of war.

But seeing her men die in front of her did nothing to lessen the pain. They have been fighting for six hours now.

Luna Oswald heard a shout and saw that the last of Salvi's men had been finally killed. She released a sigh of relief. Her Delta saw her and immediately volunteered to take Alpha Horton.

"Where is Beta Valise?" Luna Oswald asked.

"He and Salvi went towards the Eastern part of the pack, Luna. They are now engaged in a one-on-one fight." Delta Saunier reported as he tried to wipe away the blood and sweat on his face using the slightly clean part of his clothes.

"I will go with him. Gather the able men and assist the injured. Spare no wandering enemy on sight. I will leave Alpha Horton to you."  Luna Oswald said as she carefully handed Alpha Horton over to her Delta.

Luna Oswald then turned away, ready to leave when a voice halted her in her tracks.

"Luna Oswald please let me come with you!" Beta Hytes said as he looked at Luna Oswald with determined eyes.

"I want to help you kill Salvi. He killed my best friend in front of me." Beta Hytes said as terror and unwillingness flashed in his eyes.

"Okay, but we will not shift into our wolves. It will only alarm Salvi even more." Luna Oswald agreed and rushed towards the Eastern side of the pack with Beta Hytes behind her.

After a few minutes Luna Oswald and Beta Hytes saw Janice Salvi and Beta Valise engaged in fighting.

Luna Oswald began to plan and was about to move when Salvi suddenly spoke.

"Alpha Desmond Valise Richards, what do you think will Avarielle think once she knows the truth?"

Beta Valise growled dangerously while trying to kill Salvi even more but it seems as if Salvi knew what will happen next. Salvi countered his (Desmond's) attack with his (Salvi's) own.

"Do not call me by that name!" Beta Valise snarled.

"She never knew that you and Sylvan were brothers right? She didn't know that you were the rightful Alpha of this pack, she didn't know your love for her because Sylvan is the only man who can enter her eyes." Salvi taunted as he smirked.

"She didn't even know how much you have sacrificed for her. How you were the one who truly saved her." Salvi continued.

Beta Valise knew that Salvi is only trying to mess up his mind so that he can take advantage but he won't let Salvi win.

"So what if she didn't know?" Beta Valise said. "All I want is for her to be happy. I love her and that's all that matters. I will love her till the next lifetime." Beta Valise declared.