Chapter 43 | My Mate, Remember Me

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 43 | My Mate, Remember Me

(A/N: YES! THE PART WHERE THE TITLE FINALLY MAKES SENSE!)

Beta Hytes looked at his Alpha once more and noticed the emotions his Alpha is sharing into the pack bond.

'Rosaline?'

Beta Hytes looked at Luna Oswald.

"Rosaline! Please stay strong, my mate." Alpha Horton looked pained while saying the last part but Beta Hytes felt as if the whole world had crashed and burned.

'His mate?!' Beta Hytes questioned himself. 'Rosaline is already dead!'

'....but they never found her body.' This thought struck him and made him immobile for a while.

'This is not possible!'

Melaniya scrunched her eyebrows in concentration. Luna Oswald is still fighting her, it's like she didn't want to have her memories back.

Melaniya took a deep breath and then began to increase the pressure. Slowly the black color from the bead inside the glass bottle is fading away.

Luna Oswald's memories are coming back.

All was going well but then Luna Oswald's body suddenly began to convulse.

"What is going on?!" Alpha Horton questioned in worry. "What is happening to her?" He frantically asked.

"Rosaline!" Alpha Horton approached the barrier as he tried to wake the sleeping woman inside. "Rosaline, it's me! Please, please, hold on." Alpha Horton cried as he stared at his mate desperately.

"Mate," he whispered. "My mate, remember me..."

"Please, remember me." Alpha Horton said as he looked up at the blood colored moon.

"Please, let her stay Moon Goddess. I don't want to lose her again." Alpha Horton begged.

Melaniya watched all of this as she tried her best to control the onslaught of emotions bubbling inside Luna Oswald's subconscious.

"You heard him, Avarielle." Melaniya whispered. "Let me return back what belongs to you right from the start. I wish you the best." Melaniya said as she closed her eyes and a white glow mixed with red appeared on her hands.

"Melaniya?" Hastis questioned once he saw the red colored string Melaniya was holding.

"I was the one who forcefully took their bond away. It was going to overlap with the bond that she made with the late Alpha Sylvan Richards. Her life would be in danger once that happens that is why I forcefully took it away and sealed a part of her memory. Celestiana knows this that is why she didn't stop me." Melaniya explained.

"But, Melaniya—" Hastis scolded. "Your life span will face the consequences, we are not Gods and Goddesses after all." Hastis said as he went closer to Melaniya to help her share the burden.

"I'm amazed that you can even say that straight to my face, Hastis. You? Not a God?" Melaniya chuckled.

"I am only a part God." Hastis explained. "My body shuns the blood of the Gods running through my veins that is why I became weak. That's why I am now weak." Hastis said as he looked at Melaniya's closed eyes.

"I just didn't want her to be so sad. She reminded me of myself back then," Melaniya whispered as sweat beaded on her brows. "I have a very long life, Hastis. I don't regret my decision."