Chapter 17 | Rising Tides

©Itwasonlyadream801

NOT EDITED

Chapter 17 | Rising Tides

Alpha Horton stared in shock, his whole body couldn't move. He could feel his heart stopping then finally beating thrice as hard as it was before. Disbelief rolled off of him in waves, Luna Oswald sensed this and found herself frozen on the spot.

'It wasn't meant to happen this way.' She told herself. 'This shouldn't have happened so quickly!'

Luna Oswald was slightly panicking inside, her wolf was making itself known and demanding her not to move which made Luna Oswald confused.

'I have to cover myself quickly!'

'It can't be...' Alpha Horton said to himself in disbelief as he looked at the woman in front of him. The woman in front of him; his woman.

'Mine.' he growled to himself.

After all this time, she's alive!

He could feel his wolf howling in happiness and he could feel his vision getting clearer, his nails were growing sharper, and fur was starting to sprout on his arms. He was finally shifting after all these years and it was all because of the woman in front of him.

He looked at her flowing black hair and watched as her indigo eyes were staring at him in shock, her face is lovely and full of life.

'She's alive!' He cried to himself, his mate is alive.

"Rosaline!" he called but when he closed his eyes and opened them again there now stood a woman who's different from what he had seen before.

He blink in confusion.

was it all just in his imagination?

Luna Oswald immediately went to close the window and draw the drapes back in. It was a mistake to open the window. Luna Oswald was nervous now that Alpha Horton had seen her.

Just how much did he see?

"Alpha Horton?" She asked him.

Alpha Horton stared at the woman in front of him; white blonde hair with skin as fair as snow, everything about her looked perfect. But it was her eyes that captivated him, pure golden yellow. The eyes of someone who is one with her wolf making her powerful and desirable in the eyes of every men.

But she wasn't his mate.

He felt broken to know that he must've been thinking about Rosaline so much that he must've imagined her face.

'She's gone...' He said to himself. 'She's not Rosaline.'

Alpha Horton could feel his wolf wanting to take over because his wolf can feel the power coming out from Luna Oswald but she wasn't his mate. So he stopped his wolf.

He won't make the same mistake, he will remain faithful to his mate.

Alpha Horton was about to say something when somebody knocked on the door and before Luna Oswald can answer Beta Valise opened the door.

His eyes were frantic and he was breathing hard but then when his eyes landed on Alpha Horton at the other side of the office his whole body froze in shock and his eyes narrowed in suspicion. Beta Valise then glanced back at Luna Oswald then back to Alpha Horton.

Luna Oswald and Beta Valise then seemed to be sharing a conversation privately. After awhile, Luna Oswald nodded.

Beta Valise bowed and left, leaving Luna Oswald and Alpha Horton inside the office once more.