5

Harry p.o.v

I was so scared all day about what Malfoy would do. I told Hermione and Ron what happened and they made sure to keep an eye out, but no one said anything. No one teased me or anything, which just made me more nervous.
Does that mean something worse is coming?
Though, at this moment, that is not what I should be thinking about. It's the last class of the day, Defance against the dark arts, and I heard our teacher is bad. Fred and George told us.
And it's with Ravenclaw, thank Merlin. I cannot be near Slytherin at the moment.
Then, the pink lady came in.
She came in talking to us like kids, which almost caused me to slip into little space, and gave us first year books.
Hermione pointed out that we are not supposed to be learning this, but Umbridge told us that our learning has not been taught correctly and that we are now going to be taught how the Ministry wants us.
And that actually does sound fair. We did learn some horrid things last year, and Lockheart was not good, but we did have good teachers. Such as Remus, and Mad Eye was not all bad, and even though Quirrell had old moldy wart on the back of his head, he was a good teacher. "But, Why do we need are wands away?" I asked her when no one was talking.
"Raise your hand when you wish to speak, and the answer to that is because you don't need them. Do you expect to get attacked in this class?" She asked.
"Well, I have been attacked every year by a teacher in this class. Though Remus had no control, I did get attacked." I replied.
She looked confused and said, "Well, there is no possible way to get attacked anywhere. You are safe."
"Well moldy wart is back so really no one is safe." I answer.
"He is not back Mister Potter."
"I saw him-"
"Cedric's death was a tragic accident."
Then, basically, we got in a argument and I got sent to Professor McGonagall.

"Is it true that you shouted at Umbridge?"
"Yes, but-"
"That you called her a lier?"
"Yes, well-"
"That you called her a ugly pink toad that belongs in the bottom of the lake?"
"Yes-"
"Have a biscuit Mister Potter."
"Have a what?"

Then, after the conversation with her, it was time for dinner. "How did it go?" Ron asked.
"I'm not in trouble or anything, thank Merlin." I replied.
"What happened?" Hermione asked.
"She gave me a biscuit and we talked." I answered.
"That's all?" Ron asked.
I nodded and we began eating.l, the stare of Malfoy on me as usual.
"Malfoy has been staring at me a lot lately." I said, meeting his gaze.
Hermione looked at him just as he looked away and said, "I tried talking to him while you were talking to McGonagall, and it was weird. He was... Nice."
"What did you talk to him about?" Ron asked.

Hermione p.o.v (earlier)

I ditched Ron, telling him I have to use the loo. Though, really, I went to talk to Malfoy, and with Ron, that would be hard because he is a thick, headed, idiot.
When I found Malfoy, he sent his friends away and said, "Granger, how nice to see you. You look absolutely lovely today."
"Okay, what's going on?" I asked, since he's doing something completely UnMalfoy-like.
"I am trying to be nice this year, and I have been meaning to talk to you." He replied.
I looked him up and down and said, "Okay, about what?"
He took me to an abandoned corridor and said, "Voldemort. Me and my family don't want to be with him. We want protection, so do Pansy and Blaise."
I nodded and said, "Why don't they, I don't know, go to Dumbledore?"
"There family is scared. They think that the best way is by befriending you and your friends. Hermione, can I tell you a secret?"
"Um... Sure." I said, getting a little uncomfortable.
"I love Harry." Draco said.

(Present)

So now at dinner, I, of course, only told them the first bit. Not Malfoy telling me he loves Harry and our conversation after that.

Draco p.o.v

I sure hope Hermione doesn't tell them. I don't mind the part about protection, just not me loving Harry. I litterly confessed my love of Harry, to her. She has no right to tell anyone. Though, I'm sure I can trust her.
I looked at Umbrige who is stuffing her fat, toad-like face. I hate that bitch.
Then, I went back to looking at Harry. He is so cute, and he must be into Baby stuff. Or he just has some mentle issue to where his stuffed animal calms him. I know Female Weasly has it.
Though, I don't care what he has. I'll still always love him.

(EDITED 5/26/21)
I thought that this was a cute chapter 🥰❤️