Chapter 15: The End... Or Is It?

(A/N)
HIS CHAPPIE IS FULL OF DEPRESSING FLUFF. If you don't want to read it, I have a summary of that part at the end of the chapter.

A week has passed and I have been lying in bed, doing nothing. I feel weaker and weaker every day. Jack has been trying to get my mind off of dying. I've had a lot of time to think to myself. I used to think dying wasn't so bad. But now I'm taking a step towards it every day, and it's go me thinking that my life hasn't been long enough. I want to see things I haven't seen, do things I haven't done. Now, it's all too late. I can't even stand without help.

So, here I am, lying in bed. My life withering away like a dry rose. I feel, no, I know today is the last day. Danielle and Jack come in, fake smiles on their faces. "Hey, guys," I whisper-yell.

"Hey, (y/n). How are you feeling?" Jack asks.

"That's the thing. Can I talk to you alone, Jack?" I plead with my eyes.

"Sure thing. Danielle, do you mind?" He hesitates.

"Ok," she says.

Just as she leaves the room, I tell him, "Today's the day, Jack. I-"

"Please, no, (y/n)," Jack whispers.

"Let me finish," I say. He nods. "I want you to take care of Danielle. I know you will take good care of her. I also want to say that I love you, Jack. I'm so sorry about all this mess.If I wouldn't have met you, you wouldn't have to be put through this."

"(y/n), if I never had met you, I wouldn't have had a reason to smile all these days. I wouldn't have laughed at our jokes, I wouldn't have ever seen the way your eyes light up. I wouldn't have known the meaning of love," he smiled through tears.

"I wanted to give you this, Frosty."

I turn around and reach for the dresser by my bed. I gave him a sketch of him and I. "It's like a little 'forget-me-not'."

"I couldn't forget you in a million years. You know that, right?"

I nodded. He looked it over. "This is amazing! How did you do this?"

"Magic," I smile.

"I love it."

"And I love you."

"I love you too."

"I also want you to give this to Danielle about a week after I die. It's a letter for her." I reached over, grabbed the letter, and handed it to him.

"I will. I promise."

"One more thing?"

"Of course."

"I want you and Danielle to speak at my funeral."

He hesitates. "Alright."

"Thank you so much. Can you bring everyone in? I want to say goodbye."

"Of course. Hold on," he says.

He leaves and comes back with the teary-eyed guardians and crying Danielle.

"Hey, everyone," I welcome.

"Hey, mate. How are you doing?" Bunny asks.

"I've been better," I joke. "Listen, guys. I just wanted to say something to each of you. Let's start with Tooth." She comes and kneels by the bed. I take her hand. "Tooth, you have been the most peppy, understanding girl I have ever met. Remember that time Jack talked us into sledding together and we crashed into a tree?" I giggle.

I hear her shaky voice, "Of course. We didn't stop laughing for the next twenty minutes. How could I forget?"

"That's the way you should always look at things. Don't take things too seriously, alright? Keep smiling. I love your smile."