Chapter 20: A Talk With Father

(A/N) CHAPTER 20!!!! YAY!!! Thanks for supporting me through this mess.

------Time skip 2 days

"Hey, princess. Rise and shine," Jack says.

"But I don't wanna!" I whine. I roll over, forgetting about my back. It sends a sharp pain throughout my back, but then settles into a moderate ache.

"Hey, there. Settle down," Jack says.

"It's fine. Honestly."

There was a long pause. "I'm going to try to tell you what Lucifer was going to tell you. You shouldn't pass out because Pitch doesnt have control over yo uanymore, but don't freak out if you do."

"Ok."

Again, a long silence. "You are Manny's daughter."

"That's not possible." I laugh.

"Yes, you are. We talked to Manny, and he confirmed it."

"Wha-.... How?"

"What, do you want me to talk about the birds and the bees?" he jokes.

"No! Ew, Jack!" I make a disgusted face.

"I guess your Mom used to believe in the spirits, or maybe only Manny."

"Do you think this has to do with that enchantress looking exactly like my mom?"

"Maybe. We'll ask Manny later tonight," Jack says.

I sit there in shock for a minute. Why would my mom keep this a secret? Is it just a coincidence that my dad that I grew up with gave me a book all about the guardians?

"Are you okay, princess?"

"Fine, boo. I just need a minute to take it all in."

"I know, it's a lot to take in, but I guarente- What are you doing?" I cut him off by putting my fingers on where I thought his lips would be, but instead, it's his forehead.

I start to crack up. "Sorry, Jack! I meant to put my fingers on your lips!" I say in between my walrus laugh.

He chuckles. "I think this played out better," he says.

"I have to agree," I smile.

"What do you want to do today?" he asks.

"I don't know. Something that doesnt require me getting up," I say.

"Hmmmm.. Movie?"

"Movie."

"Princess and the Frog?"

"Princess and the Frog."

He knows its one of my favorite movies. I LOVE the songs! They're so happy and upbeat! Especially 'When We're Human.'

----- Time Skip to night time!

"Did you have fun?" Jack asks.

"With the Disney Marathon? Or the kissing session?" I ask, smiling.

"Hmmmm... Kissing session."

"You better believe it."

He laughs. "We should go try talking to Manny," Jack suggests.

"But I can't waaaaaalllllkkk!!!' I complain.

"I'll carry you. Tell me if it hurts, kay?"

"Kay."

He picks me up carefully, and I put my arms around him, pecking his neck. "Doesn't hurt a bit," I say.

"Good. Let's go."