Chapter 24: Music Time

I wake up next to Jack. He is still asleep. I think we fell asleep watching Its A Bugs Life. Let me tell you: It's perfect for little kids. A teen? not so much.

I just stare at Jack, like a creeper, until I fully wake up. He's too perfect! His skin is flawless, well-defined features, beautiful blue eyes, soft tousled hair. And he's mine. I kiss his nose and get up. I grab my clothes and head off to the shower.

-------

I blow dry my hair and walk out. I look back in the room to find him asleep, still. I shut the door and find North running the workshop, like every morning. He's talking to someone, so I walk closer to see who is in front of North. Sandy is here!! "Hey, Sandy! Good morning, North!"

"Why good morning to you, (y/n)!" North greets.

Sandy waves to me, and I wave back. "What're you guys up to?" I ask.

"We were just talking about your music. Why don't we all go to the room with the grand piano?" North suggests.

"I couldn't! I haven't even had professional training yet!" I reply.

"Must I drag you to the piano, or will you go peacefully?" North threatens.

I sigh in defeat and trudge to the piano. Which song should I play? Should I sing along? I think I'll play Amelia's Missing by Jon McLaughlin (not the older musician...)

I set myself onto the piano chair. This is a hard song to play, but I have played it so many time, I think I got it.

I can't find Crazy Horse, can't find Hoffa

And Amelia's missing somewhere out at sea

And I hope they're happy, havin' a party

And Elvis is servin' them up green apple martini's

I can't find my watch

I can't find my wallet

So how in the he** am I supposed to find:

The one that I love

The one that I need

Hidden so high

Buried so deep

Well, I found odd jobs and I found reasons

For all kinds of ways I can waste my time

And I found letters and I found leavers

And I found new ways just to tell old lies

I can't find my watch

I can't find my wallet

So how in the he** am I supposed to find:

The one that I love

The one that I need

Hidden so high

Buried so deep

Somewhere to run

Somewhere to go

And if I ever find her,

How will i know? How will I know?

'Cause can't find Crazy Horse, can't find Hoffa

And Amelia's missing somewhere out at sea

I finished breathlessly. It's hard to move up and down on the piano and try to sing! I look behind me to see North and Sandy dancing. I burst out laughing and tell them, "Guys! The song's over!"

"We know! It was just so beautiful! We don't want to stop dancing!"

I feel... I feel... Talented! I'm so happy, I just get up and dance with them! We start to slowly change from slower dancing to faster dancing. While Sandy is swing-dancing with me, Jack walks in. His beautiful laughter rings throughout the room. Sandy spins me and lets me go. I keep spinning over to Jack. I stop right in front of him so our noses are almost touching. "Good morning, sleepyhead," I tease.

"Good morning, princess."

"Care to dance?" I ask.

"I would love to."

"Hold on, hold on, hold on!! I must get music playing."

I start to play Dance With Me Tonight by Olly Murs. It's one of my favorite songs. Go ahead. Look it up. I'll wait.

-------

Are you done now? Ok. Good. I play the song and Jack picks up where Sandy left off. We twist and turn, perfect for my knee-length skirt!

We giggle and smile the whole dance. It feels like its just him and I in the room, however I think North and Sandy are dancing too.

Once the song ends, he dips me and lets me go. "You missed (y/n) playing the piano!" North says.

Jack gasps. "Really? You got to play again, (y/n)! For me?!" He begs.

"You too?!" I sigh. "Fine! Let me go get a songbook!"

Jack claps as I leave the room out of excitement.

I come back with the Disney songbook, and I decide to play Beauty and the Beast. Should I sing along? It is a Disney song...

I start to let the melody flow throughout the room.

Tale as old as time.

True as it can be.

Barely even friends

Then somebody bends

unexpectedly.

Just a little change.

Small, to say the least.

Both a little scared

Neither one prepared.

Beauty and the Beast.

Ever just the same,

Ever a surprise,

Ever as before,

Ever just as sure,

As the sun will rise.

Tale as old as time,

Tune as old as song.

Bittersweet and strange,

Finding you can change

Learning you were wrong.

Certain as the sun

Rising in the east.

Tale as old as time,

Song as old as rhyme.

Beauty and the beast.

Tale as old as time,

Song as old as rhyme.

Beauty and the beast.

Then, I hear tiny hands clapping together. Danielle!