Chapter 2

*Harry's POV*

It was her, it was Ava, I know it was. But it couldn't have been, Ava has been dead for nearly 2 years now. This girl looked just like Ava, her hair, her face, her eyes, her smile. For 2 years I have been mourning the loss of the only girl I have and will ever love, and if the only way to have her back with me is to see this girl in the Cafe, then so be it.

*Isabella's POV* 

The rest of the day, I was in a frenzy. Running between the kitchen and demanding customers while trying to figure out why the boy with green eyes ran when he looked at me. I mean I never tried very hard with my looks and I didn't spend my weekly salary on clothes and shoes, but seriously, was I that ugly that gorgeous boys were running just at the sight of me?

I pushed the thought aside as I dealt with another customer. I had already messed up one order today thinking about this boy and I would not let it happen again. As carefully as I could I wrote down the woman's demands:

"I want a bacon roll but I don't want those ridiculous skinny chips which the menu specifies, I want thick chips with a fluffy inside. I also want a coffee with extra milk and sugar and can you just add some whipped cream on the top?"

Honestly, why can't people just order what the menu says, if you don't like it then order something else. It was a welcome relief when I was finally released from the stuffy confines of my work place and began forcing my way home through the ever present crowds of people filling the streets but luckily, it had stopped raining.

London was a nightmare during the home time rush hour. My apartment building loomed over the skyline, just another skyscraper in the forest of concrete, but this one was special. It was built of white stone, a sharp contrast to the surrounding grey and the windows perfectly reflected the setting sun, casting a glow on the surrounding buildings. But more importantly, it provided me with an escape from reality.

As I neared closer and closer to my building, I couldn't escape the feeling that I was being followed, or watched at the least. I glanced over my shoulder and saw a sharply dressed business man in a designer suit walking a couple of steps behind me. I turned away and laughed at myself for being so stupid. Of course no one was following me. This was London, hundreds of people will be following me as they make their way home, walking the same streets as I am.

Despite this, I quickened my pace and trotted up the steps to the building. As I skidded across the glittering floor, I made a brief stop at the front desk. Louis sat with his head rested on his hands while he stared at his computer screen and due to the faint commentary which could be heard from the speakers, I could only assume he was watching the football. His brown hair was in a messy quiff and his eyebrows were furrowed in annoyance. It appeared as though the team he was supporting was losing.

"Hey Louis" I said, startling him. He quickly fumbled with the computer mouse and cleared the screen, knocking a few sheets of paper on the floor in his clumsy attempt to appear as though he was working. Once he had composed himself, he looked at me, crystal blue eyes gazing up at my dull green ones as a look of relief crossed over his face upon realising it was only me and not his boss. 

"Oh thank God, it's only you Isabella. I thought you were...someone else." He sighed and re-opened the football match on his computer screen. 

"Only me?" I giggled as he rolled his eyes. "Why Louis, are you expecting someone? A beautiful girl to come waltzing through the front doors and say 'take me away Louis Tomlinson on your magnificent blue moped which somehow manages to reach 30mph.'" I said in my best girly high pitched voice while flipping my hair over my shoulder. 

He laughed loudly and threw his head back, eyes closed and nose crinkled. I got joy from making people laugh, so much so that I couldn't help the smile that found its way onto my face. Once he had caught his breath he turned back to me but still held on to his goofy smile. 

"Oh I wish! I'm sure Beyoncé would love a ride around London on my scooter. And for the record that moped is a total chick magnet!" He stated and I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. 

There was a brief pause before he continued. "However, the only person I am expecting today is Mr. Fisher, who is neither beautiful nor friendly." He sighed again and propped his feet up on the desk, resting his head on the back of his chair.

Mr. Fisher was the owner of the building and was not particularly, how shall I put it... nice, kind, friendly, civil! The list is never ending and sadly, Louis had been on the receiving end of more than one of his rants about the "unacceptable working standards of his employees".

"Well you enjoy that inevitable telling off and I shall go to my apartment and order a pizza." I said while turning away and skipping towards the elevator.

"Save me a slice?" He asked while the elevator doors shot open and a couple ambled out, hand in hand.

"In your dreams" I said while stepping in to the elevator and turning just in time to see Louis' cheeky grin. I shot him one back before the doors closed and I ascended upwards into the night, where my dreams would be filled with the mysterious curly haired boy who had been haunting me all day.