Chapter 16

*Isabella's POV*

"Ok so next question" Harry said.

Harry and I had been talking for the last 2 hours, getting to know each other and stuffing our faces with Chinese food. After our conversation in the Cafe I agreed to let Harry stop by my place after wok so we could continue our game of 21 questions as long as Harry promised to be calm and not abandon me... again. So far I had been making good progress. I had found out that he is 20, he likes to go to the gym in his free time, mainly to practice boxing and that he has around 15 pairs of boots. I know it didn't seem like much but it was sure as hell more than I knew before. 

"OK... Erm... do you have any brothers or sisters?" I asked. Immediately his whole body stiffened and he closed his eyes, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself down. I quickly realised my mistake and tried to back track.

"Sorry you don't have to answer that; I can ask you another if you want?" I stuttered, my brain working quicker than my mouth meaning that my words came out all at once, like one sound.

Harry continued to sit with his eyes closed and I decided it was best to let him be for a few moments until he was ready to talk again. Finally he opened his eyes and cleared his throat before speaking.

 "Could you ask me another question please..." he mumbled.

"Yes of course! Sorry. Ok so... do you have a job?" I asked, trying to change the mood to something less awkward.

"Thanks and don't worry about it. No I don't have a job at the moment but I think I might start looking again, I think it's about time I did something more with my life than hang around the house all day and leave beautiful girls stranded in a park" he joked, followed by a half-hearted laugh. I laughed quietly along with him, trying to ignore the fact that he had indirectly called me beautiful. Did he mean it? Or did it just slip out, like a spur of the moment kind of thing? The awkwardness between us slowly began to creep back in and in an effort to occupy myself I reached forward to grab another piece of Naan bread from the table.

*Harry's POV*

Did I just call her beautiful? I'm pretty sure I did. As the seconds ticked by I could feel the air between us becoming more and more awkward and uncomfortable and by the look on her face, I could tell that I had called her beautiful and she had noticed it too.

Great, just great, why am I such an arse? She was beautiful of course, there was no doubting that. She had beautiful dark curly hair which always hung loosely down her back, reaching just to the middle of her back although I can imagine that if she straightened it then it would reach the bottom of her spine. Her eyes shone a blue-green colour which always seemed to glow whenever the light hit them. Her skin was practically flawless (apart from the few teenage spots which appeared ever now and then but who was I to judge, my skin was terrible when I was younger) and she had a few freckles dusted across her nose and cheekbones, they were barely noticeable but I could still see them. Ava never had freckles, that was one of the few differences between them but in a way I liked it, it made them more individual. She was relatively slim, but not supermodel skinny. Her hips were shapelier than Ava's and her chest was defiantly larger. But I always liked Ava's body, I like the fact that she was as thin as a stick, that she wasn't curvy and that her chest wasn't huge, it meant that I could never be accused of being with her just for her body, her personality was the most important to me, just the way it should be.

As I looked over at Isabella who was nervously nibbling on one of the Naan breads left over from dinner. She was picking off small pieces with her fingers and throwing them into her mouth. Occasionally she would miss and would pick the bread off her jumper before trying again. I smiled and remembered how Ava used to do that in the cinema, she would take pieces of popcorn from the packet and throw them in the general direction of her face, whether it missed or not she didn't care, she would simply take the fallen piece and try again. I would always watch Ava in the cinema, she was so much more interesting than the film but she never noticed my staring, I was always very discrete (also known as looking out of the corner of my eye).