Chapter 5

*Harry's POV*

"See you tomorrow"

Why, why would I write that? Now she will think I am some crazy stalker and completely avoid me when she sees me in the Cafe! What and idiot!

As I lay in my bed I couldn't help but regret my decision to leave her that note. If I'm honest I'm not even sure why I did it. I just thought "yeah let’s leave her a note to make her think you are even weirder than she always does! Perfect plan Styles! What could possibly go wrong?” Asshole. 

I huffed and pushed myself into a sitting position, my back rested on the headboard and my head lying on the wall. I rocked my head from side to side while I stared blankly into the darkness. The spot beside me in the double bed was empty and cold, a spot that had once been filled by the only one I have and will ever love. Now it lay bare while I sat here in darkness alone. On the bedside table sat a picture of Ava and me on our first date. We went to dinner and a movie before walking along the river front and watching the stars. I had taken the picture of us while we were lying on a patch of grass looking up at the sky. She had looked so beautiful that day. Her brown hair was lying over her shoulders and the full moon was reflecting in her hazel eyes. God she was perfect.

I sniffled and looked away before the tears could fall. I stepped out of my bed and made my way into the kitchen to get a drink of water, after all, it didn't look like I would be getting back to sleep now, not with Ava's beautiful face and angelic laugh running through my mind. The best thing to do now was watch TV and try to think of other things which didn't make me feel like my heat was being ripped out of my chest. It had been two years and yet her loss still felt fresh in my mind.

I switched on the TV and turned the volume down so as not to wake my sleeping flatmate Liam. God knows he is not a morning person. I switched to a cop show and tried to focus on the idiot attempting to escape the police in a car with deflated tires. I smirked at his futile attempt to escape before taking another sip of my water.

"You alright Haz" A voice behind me asked. I jumped and split half the glass of water down my t-shirt.

"Jesus Liam you scared the shit out of me! Don't do that!" I exclaimed as I turned to face my rather sleepy looking best friend.

"Sorry mate," he laughed, "I heard you coming downstairs and was wondering if you were OK?" he asked with a slight hint of concern in her voice. Liam knew me better than anyone and completely understood how Ava's death still affected me. He was my rock throughout the whole ordeal and I can never thank him enough for what he has done for me over the past two years.

"Yeah I'm fine, just couldn't sleep. Sorry for waking you up" I mumbled, looking down at my soaking wet shirt.

"It’s fine don't worry about it. Where you thinking about her?" He asked, sitting down next to me on the cream coloured couch.

"When am I not" I smiled faintly before letting my head fall back so that it was lying on the back of the sofa.

"Listen mate, I understand that Ava was your first love and I know how much she meant to you, but it has been two years! You need to pick yourself up off the ground and get back out there. You will never get over her if you just spend all your time cooped up in here feeling sorry for yourself. You hardly talk to anyone anymore besides me and your Mum, it's not healthy Harry. Where's the boy who would go out every night and have fun, meet girls, go on dates, the Harry that actually cracked a smile every now and then. I haven't seen you smile in ages! Just try it Haz, you will never know what you are missing if you don't try!" He rambled, and deep down, I knew he was right. I knew that the way I was behaving wasn't healthy; I spent all my time in the apartment watching movies and looking through pictures of Ava and I. The trip to the Coffee shop on Monday was the first time I had been out in a long time, and the fact that I had been there twice and was planning on going again tomorrow (well today seeing as it is 3.30 in the morning) was very unusual.

I hadn't told Liam about that girl, Isabella I think her name was who works there. There was no point. If I told him that I had seen a girl who looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like my dead girlfriend he would say I was going crazy and probably take me to some kind of mental hospital to try and get some help. No, Isabella would be my little secret, and I wasn't going to share her with anyone. 

"I know Liam but it is hard. She was everything to me and she was just taken away. It is kind of hard to recover for something like that". 

"I know mate but just... give it a try, OK? You might surprise yourself" he said. I could hear how much he wanted to me try and pick myself back up and with the knowledge that I would be seeing Isabella tomorrow, I promised myself I would try, if only to keep him happy, I owed him that. 

"Ok, I'll try" I sighed and looked up to see excitement in his eyes. 

"Yay! Great, I'm so glad! Well I'm off to bed and I will see you tomorrow when I get back from work" he said before getting up of the couch and heading back up the stairs to his bedroom.

I sat on the couch for another hour at least before I decided to head back up to my room and try to get some sleep. As I lay in the darkness I made another promise to myself, tomorrow, I would have a proper conversation with Isabella.

                                                ************************************************ 

Me again!

So a little bit of a background into Harry's life. In case anyone is confused (although I don't think you really care but hey I'm gonna tell you anyway :D ) I'm going to give you a bit of an insight. So basically Ava was Harry's girlfriend for 2 and a half years before she was killed in a car crash late one night. Her car was rear ended and she was forced off the road. She died on impact. 

That was 2 years ago and Harry is still having trouble getting over her but he hopes that spending time with Isabella (who he said looks exactly like Ava) will help him get over her. 

Hopefully that helps (even if you don't really care). 

Hope you are enjoying it so far but I promise it will get better, the start is a little slow, sorry. 

So... do you think Harry will actually talk to Izzy tomorrow or not? Let me know what you think.

- Steph xx <3