Chapter 27

*Isabella's POV*

"I don't understand Harry how could you not find that film sad?" I asked, following him into the kitchen as he placed the empty popcorn bowl and glasses in the sink. 

"I just didn't find it sad Izzy! I mean come on! He secretly has cancer and he won't tell her until they are on holiday together and he ruins her holiday! I mean how selfish is that! He gives her his wish and then BOOM he spoils the whole trip by dropping that bombshell on her! I mean talk about selfish!" he said, turning on the tap and rinsing the glasses and plate with water before setting them in the drying rack. He dried his hands on the towel and turned back to me, folding his arms across his chest.

I groaned and leaned my back against the kitchen island. "He didn't tell her because he didn't want to make her upset" I said, folding my arms across my chest as well.

"I just didn't find it sad ok?" he asked.

"NO! It's not OK! How can you not find The Fault in Our Stars sad? If we hadn't had our earlier conversation I would say you were a heartless robot" I said, sighing and shaking my head.

A hint of a blush crept onto Harry's cheeks and he looked at his feet. I smiled slightly at his embarrassment and walk over to him wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. He hesitated for a moment before wrapping his arms around me in return and pulling me closer.

We stood for a moment, comforted by each other’s warmth and that was when I felt it, a little stirring in the pit of my stomach. Not all the way to butterfly’s but... a stirring. I stiffened in Harry's arms and he must have noticed because he pulled back slightly and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

The words caught in my throat so all I could do was nod my head and pull out of his arms quickly.

"Are you sure"

"Yeah I'm fine" I stuttered, scratching my neck nervously. "Em, I'm really tired so I'm going to head to bed..." I mumbled nervously.

"Okayyyyy....." he said, heading to the front door and grabbing his jacket. I followed him and held open the door as he stepped out into the hallway. He turned to face me, a confused look still on his face.

"I'll see you soon yeah?" he asked, a slight tint of hope in his voice. 

I nodded, smiling slightly. 

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. You'll be coming to the cafe I assume?" I said smirking at him and leaning against the door frame. 

He smirked back and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Wouldn't miss it" he said before winking. I smiled and said goodbye before shutting the door and resting my back against the wood. I waited for a few moments before furrowing my eyebrows as I didn’t hear Harry's footsteps disappear down the hall. I turned onto my side and pressed my ear to the wood. My heart nearly leapt out of my chest upon hearing the word softly spoken from the other side. 

"Night beautiful"

***

*2 weeks later*

I had seen Harry as grand total of 8 times over the past two weeks and each time that nervous, excited feeling in my stomach had been growing and growing until I was pretty sure I had a zoo living in my tummy. Each time he would touch me my skin would feel like it was on fire and whenever his touch left I was left feeling cold and empty. It was a very confusing feeling. These emotions just seemed to come out of nowhere, one minutes they weren't there and then next BOOM! 

Obviously I knew he didn't feel the same. He was still in love with Ava and that was only to be expected but that piece of me that was starting to like Harry as more than a friend couldn’t help but feel a little bit jealous. Since he had shared his past with me he had been talking about Ava non-stop, always bringing up our similarities or saying Ava used to do this or Ava used to do that whenever we were out. That little twinkle that glinted in his eye whenever he spoke of her or even thought of her spurred a hint of desire within me that one day have him look like that whenever he was thinking of me.

I sighed quietly as I continued to knead the dough for the bread rolls, flipping it over and smacking it back down on the counter once again. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand, undoubtedly leaving a flour smudge from my hands. I turned up the volume on the radio and began bobbing my head along to the song, despite having absolutely no idea what it is. Suddenly something hit the back of my head causing me the stop and place my hand on the back of my head, trying to find out what had fit me. Finding nothing I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around.

There he stood, that stupid, beautiful god damn smirk on his face. In his right hand he held a jar of cherries. I put my hands on my hips and raised my eye brows at him. He smiled and threw another one, hitting my right on the forehead. He laughed and popped a cherry in him mouth. I groaned and walked over to him, snatching the jar from his hands.

"Harry we need to use those" I said, putting the lid back on and storing them safely in the cupboard.

He giggled and seated himself on top of the counter, leaning on his hands for support.

"What are you doing here Harry?"

"Am I not allowed to see my best friend when she is working?" he asked, a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I thought Liam was your best friend..."

"He is my best guy friend, you are my best girl friend" he elaborated, looking around for something else to eat.

He reached over and grabbed a freshly baked cookie from the tray, "Can I have this?" He asked, I nodded and turned at the sound of the door opening. Olivia popped her head around the door.

"Isabella there is someone here to see you. Shall I send him in?" I nodded.

"Isn't someone popular" Harry said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I flipped him off and sent him a cheeky smile. Suddenly his face hardened, all hint of amusement and playfulness lost from his face in less than a second. His jaw was clenched and his hands gripping onto the side of the counter for dear life. I am pretty sure there would be a dent there when he let go.

Confused by his sudden change in mood I turned to the door, my breath catching in my throat.

"Niall?" I asked.

I turned back to Harry to see him already looking at me.

"Who's this?" he asked.

********************************************

Hi everyone!

So I hope you liked the chapter! Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT if you enjoyed it! Would mean loads.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

-Steph xx <3