Chapter 13

*Isabella's POV*

 Rules on becoming a nun:

Rule1 - be single, when you become a nun you will receive a ring to denote you as Gods bride, because of this you cannot have another relationship distracting you from Gods call

OK good, so no relationships, that would certainly solve the Harry problem and I could use it as an excuse as to why guys don't find me attractive, I can say that I tell them I am not available due to my Nun status... genius!

Rule2 - meet the age requirements, most nuns are between the age of 18 and 40 however in some circumstances older woman will be accepted depending on the community you wish to enter

Well there were no problems there as I would be turning 19 in two months...

Rule 3 - let your children grow up, if you have a child that is! You must not have dependents upon entering, many nuns have children but they are all fully grown.

Well I defiantly didn't have children; I was still a virgin for God's sake so again there were no problems there, and finally...

Rule 4 - be in good financial and physical standing, this is to say be debt free and healthy. Most institutions prefer candidates that that aren't overwhelmed by their issues and can fully devote themselves to God.

Now...I had no debts and I was financially stable but heathy... that could be a problem. I tossed my book to the side and stood in front of the mirror, lifting my shirt up in the process. I must say I was slightly disappointed with the sight that greeted me. From the front I looked relatively decent, my stomach looked relatively flat and my body held a slight hour glass curve, all be it slightly larger than those you see on models. However, when I turned to the side, the profile was very different. Above the waistband of my jeans, my stomach could be clearly seen protruding over the edge, a muffin top if you will, and a faint roll of fat could be seen developing above that. My posture was poor, my shoulders slightly slouched and my chest was little to be desired. All in all, I wasn't in the best physical condition and despite the knowledge that I would probably pass the physical requirements to become a nun my self-esteem wasn’t boosted in any way at all.

I huffed and flopped down on my bed. In all honesty I had no desire to become a nun, my sudden fascination with the subject had simply been brought about by my overwhelming hatred of Harry and I needed to find a way to combat that. 

Speaking of Harry, I hadn't heard from him since yesterday and that surprised me slightly. Considering how remorseful he sounded whilst shouting at me through the door I figured he would have stopped by or a least sent me a text but I had heard nothing. Then again, what did I expect? He clearly said to me yesterday that he didn't even like me so why would he make the effort to apologise? 

I remember when I was younger I used to believe that you would meet one person, fall in love and live happily ever after. No lies, no cheating, no heartbreak and no uncertainty. Life was simple and fun. Little did I know what life would really be like, complicated and stressful, filled with uncertainty and pain. And worst of all men. Men were the cause of all this (not all men I grant). Most men were kind, and generous and loving, the kind of man that would jump in front of a bus if it meant that those he loved were safe. I wanted a man like that, someone who would give their life for me and I would do the same for them.

I think my negative outlook on men had come from my childhood. My father left when I was young, I have no memory of him therefore I never had a strong male figure in my life to help me through the toughest time. I didn't have someone to pick me up and dust me off when I fell and scraped my knee or give the "if you hurt my daughter I will hunt you down and kill you" talk to the first boy I brought home and in all honesty... I craved it. I craved any kind of male attention that would make me feel special and wanted, someone to fill the whole that my childhood had left. I wanted to be loved.