Chapter 36

*Isabella's POV*

His mother?

Harry cleared his throat and started to get up. I shifted so that I was now sitting in the empty space, watching as Harry stood slowly from the couch. He turned to face his mother, stuffing his hands deeply in his pockets. His face was completely emotionless, his eyes blank and cold, jaw locked and his shoulders tense. This was not the same boy who had been cuddling with me moments ago. No one spoke for a few moments, I looked warily between Harry and his mother before glancing at Liam to find him already looking at me. He lifted the corner of his lips slightly in what was meant to be a reassuring smile but the brightness that was usually present didn't reach his eyes. Much like Harry his shoulders were tense and his face was hard. He was on edge but I wasn't sure why.

Harry's mum was the first to speak.

"How are you?" she asked. It was a simple question, seemingly harmless but it sparked something in Harry, something dark. And I wasn't sure I liked it.

"How have I been? HOW HAVE I FUCKING BEEN! ARE FUCKING KIDING ME! YOU HAVEN'T SPOKEN TO ME FOR 4 FUCKING YEARS! FOUR YEARS AND THE FIRST THING YOU SAY IS HOW ARE YOU? YOU SHOULD BE ON YOUR KNEES BEGGING FOR MY FORGIVENESS, NOT COMING IN HERE LIKE EVERYTHING IS FINE AND FUCKING DANDY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?" he boomed and I flinched in my seat. I looked down at my crossed legs, my hands were clasped together, fingers interlinked with each other. I breathed deeply and averted my eyes away from the scene. I would never admit it to him but Harry was terrifying when he was angry, I had only heard him shout once before but never with this ferocity and hatred behind his eyes as he had when he looked at the women in front of him. But she didn't even flinch, didn't even bat an eyelid as her son screamed at her. 

I took in shaky breath as I looked up at Harry. His face had turned slightly red and his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. His nostrils flared as his hands balled into fists at his side. He looked murderous, and I was terrified. 

"Harry..." Liam started, pushing past Harry's mum and standing in front of his mate and diverting Harry's attention, "you're scaring Izzy" he said gently, nodding his head in my direction. I looked from Liam to Harry as he turned to face me, his eyes softening slightly but the anger was still evident behind the beautiful green orbs. He sighed slightly and pulled me to my feet, holding one of my hands tightly in both of his large ones, his cross tattoo above the thumb on his left hand catching my attention.

"Hey... look at me" he said softy and I did as he asked.

"Liam can you take her away for a few moments, just... I don't know, take her into the bedroom or something, just for a while, I will come get her in a bit" he said, letting go of my hand and nudging me slightly towards the hallway which leads to the bedrooms. Liam nodded and placed his hand on my back, leading me down the corridor towards what I assumed was Harry's bedroom.

"Who is she?" Harry's mother asked, sounding genuinely interested.

"She is none of your concern" Harry spat. That was all I heard before Liam shut the door behind the two of us.

*Liam's POV*

She had questions, I knew she had questions and I didn't blame her, but many of them were going to be questions I couldn't answer. Wouldn't answer my subconscious added but I pushed the thought aside as she sat on the edge of Harry's bed.

I sighed and sat next to her. I was silent, for a moment all that could be heard was the faint mumbling from the other side of the door, it wouldn't be long before the shouting started again.

"What did Harry mean she should be on her knees begging for forgiveness?" she asked softly. She was very innocent, I could tell by the way she was fiddling nervously with her hands or the way she had flinched when Harry began shouting. She was stunning and very kind hearted, she was everything that Harry needed after that bitch screwed him over and this stupid women ruined his childhood.

"I don't think I am the one to tell you that darling" I said softly, turning my head to the side to look at her. She nodded her head and looked at me.

"Will he tell me?" she asked.

"Maybe, in his own time" I said, resting my hand on her shoulder and rubbed it reassuringly. He smiled slightly and sighed.

"Why does everyone seem to screw him over, Liam?" she asked and I couldn't help but smile. She was right, everyone (other than Izzy and I) appeared to have something against the curly haired boy. From the early years of his life he has been beaten down and hurt, both emotionally and physically. When I met his he was a broken shell of a 13 year old boy, but slowly he began to liven up, especially after he met Ava, and that didn't end well. Slowly the voices behind the door increased until a screaming match erupted in my living room, luckily however, the words were muffled by the thick wood. It was probably for the best, Izzy didn't need to find out this way.

"Because the world likes to screw over the best people" I answered and she nodded her head in agreement. I decided to change the topic.

"So... Harry didn't come home last night" I said, raising my eyebrows suggestively. The blush that erupted in her cheeks confirmed my suspicions.

"You little minx" I said, nudging her with my shoulder and she blushed harder, covering her face with her hands and flopping back on the bed, her legs hanging off the side.

"Was it hot? Kinky? Did he make you scream?" I grilled her and she groaned, covering her face with a pillow.

"Stop it" she groaned, kicking her legs out and hitting me in the leg.

"You are awfully embarrassed... was it your first time... did Harry take your virginity?!" I asked, my voice rising a few octaves with excitement. She groaned again, louder this time.

"He did! Harry Styles you dog!" I exclaimed, jumping up with excitement, not because I was weird perv or something but because this meant that Harry had moved on! He was free of that manipulating little bitch who ruined his life for the past two years and I couldn't be happier for him.

She threw the pillow off her face and sat up, sending me an icy glare. I smiled.

"You know the more I look at you, the less you look like Ava" I said. Meaning every word. She smiled and thanked me.

"I'm glad. I wouldn't want to be like that slut" she sassed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and I laughed.

"Well you aren't and I'm glad, Harry needs a girl like you in his life at the moment." She blushed and smiled, looking down at her hands. I smiled in return. I was about to speak again when the sound of the front door slamming closed silenced up both. We simultaneously looked at the door and then back at each other. I shrugged my shoulders. Moments later Harry walked into the room. His hair was all over the place from running his hands through it repeatedly, a habit he has when he is stressed. He sighed deeply and nodded his head in my direction, I returned the gesture. He turned to face Izzy and pulled her to her feet. He held her close to his body, looking of a sense of reassurance and familiarity, something that I was certain Izzy could give him. Gripping her tightly he looked down at her and mumbled:

"I'm going to take you home, I need to talk with Liam tonight" he said. She nodded and mumbled an okay before they left.    

*******************************

Soooooo.... next chapter is in Harry's POV, you might get to find out what was said in the conversation between Harry and his mum.... *wink wink*

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please remember to vote and comment! There isn't long left of this story now before I start my next fanfic and I am so excited! I am really proud of my first fanfic and it means so much that you are enjoying it as well!

Thanks for all the support! Means loads!

Loads of love!

-Steph xx <3