Chapter 15

*Isabella's POV*

As I stacked the clean cups back in the cupboard I couldn't help but glance at the clock every few moments, my stomach twisting further with every second that went by. It was currently 12.45 and with every moment that passed I deeply regretted asking Harry to meet me here. Not because I didn't want to see him, after all there were defiantly some things that we needed to discuss, but perhaps it would have been wiser to have him come to my house to talk. I really didn't want to cause a scene in the Cafe if things did turn nasty (which I really hoped they wouldn't).

I placed the last ceramic cup to the side and gently closed the cupboard door. Once again I glanced at the clock: 12.57. Oh my god! What was I going to say? I had been planning my speech last night; I was going to begin with the fact that his behaviour was unacceptable and carry on from there but the more I planned it out the more ridiculous it seemed. I eventually gave up and decided to embrace whatever happened.

I turned around and leaned against the worktop, my lower back resting on the cool metal and my hands on either side of my body. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes, breathing in and out deeply. What was I doing? Why was I this nervous about seeing him, it was only Harry, nothing special. Or was he special? Was that why I was so nervous about seeing him, because I was starting to like him? No Isabella don't be ridiculous! You barely know the guy and every time you spend any amount of time together he either screams at you or ditches you! Honestly wake up! My subconscious yelled!

I was pulled from my thoughts by the kitchen door opening and closing however I kept my eyes closed, presuming it was Olivia. As I stood I suddenly became aware of the lingering silence that filled the air, not an enjoyable, peaceful silence but an awkward one. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes, tilting my head forward so that I was no longer looking at the ceiling. I was met with a mop of curly hair and those beautiful bight green eyes. He was fiddling with his fingers, winding and unwinding his digits while shifting his weight between his feet, and if I wasn't mistaken he was a nervous as I was. The silence remained for a few more minutes before he spoke. 

"Hi" he mumbled, looking down at his hands, his cheeks flushing a faint pink colour. 

"Hey" I said, my voice little above a whisper. Then it was silent again. Harry continued to rock his weight between the balls and heels of his feet and I began to tap my fingers on the worktop, putting together a tune which actually sounded half decent. 

Once again Harry broke the silence. 

"Erm... I made you a... c-cupcake... unless you don't like them then you don't have to eat it I just wanted to say sorry and I'm really bad at stuff like this so.... yeah here..." he stuttered before grabbing a small box which was situated next to him. He warily made his way towards me as if I was going to snap any second, his arm outstretched as he offered the box to me. 

I took it and opened the cardboard lid, only to be met with the most delicious looking cupcake I had ever laid eyes on. The cake itself was a beautiful golden colour, encased in a metallic silver cupcake case. On top was a perfect swirl of light blue icing and a wafer daisy on top. 

I smiled and sealed the lid back up, setting it gently on the side. I looked over at Harry to see him watching me with a hopeful glint in his eye. 

"Thank you Harry it looks amazing," I said and his face immediately broke out into that gorgeous smile I loved so much, "but you know a cupcake isn't going to fix this."

"I know but I just thought that you might like it" he said and began to fiddle with his fingers again; I was beginning to think this was a habit he had when he was nervous.