Chapter 29

*10 votes and 10 comments for the next chapter*

*Harry's POV*

I drummed my fingers on the desk top, looking at my black phone screen that was sitting across from me, taunting me with its unresponsiveness. I sighed once again and tapped my fingers harder and faster against the cool marble as my frustration grew. I groaned and stood from the kitchen chair, heading to the fridge to grab a drink. As soon as I had opened to door, my phone buzzed, indicating that I had received a text. My head shot up and I launched myself across the kitchen, snatching my phone from the counter and nearly tripping over the stool in the process.

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at the screen. It was her!

From Izzy: not even going to pretend like I'm not blushing xx

She's blushing! I MADE HER BLUSH! And she sent me kisses in her reply, she never sends me kisses in her text. I tried not to get too excited and quickly sent a reply.

To Izzy: so I finally made you blush ;) xx

From Izzy: don't get too excited Styles, doesn't take much to be honest xx

To Izzy: liar xx

I set my phone aside when I didn't receive a reply and sat on the sofa. It was a mystery to me as to how I got to this point, the point where I got a little bubble of excitement within me whenever I received a text from her. Where my palms would start sweating whenever I was near her. Where my heart would swell whenever she laughed. I sighed and closed my eyes, my thoughts filled with Izzy's beautiful face.

This feeling was completely foreign to me, I had never had this nervousness whenever I was near a girl, even with Ava. Before everything went wrong I was always the cheeky chappie who would just have to look at a girl to make her weak at the knees, and boy did I know it. I knew how to work my charm to the best effect. That was how I got Ava after all, a wink and a few drinks later and she as hooked. But Izzy was different. She didn't fall for the immediate charm and looks, I had to work for it and I think that's what I liked most. Yes it was nice to be able to get any woman I wanted whenever I wanted but what man doesn't like a good chase? I'm only human after all. 

There was a part of me that felt extremely guilty about these feelings I was developing towards Izzy, a part of me that felt like I was betraying Ava and was telling me to run away and hide back in my hole. But I am tired of hiding. I'm tired of feeling alone, unwanted, unloved. I deserve a bit of happiness after everything I have been through. 

I hummed in content upon hearing my phone beep from next to me. 

From Izzy: for the record you aren't too bad to look at yourself ;) xx

To Izzy: Oh I know haha xx

From Izzy: never was a fan of modest people. goodbye xx

To Izzy: noooooo come back! xx

She didn't come back. 

***

"So you won't even go out with me this Friday?" I asked, following her into the kitchen, her arms laden with dishes, piled higher than her head. 

"Nope" she said, popping the 'p'. But I could see the small smiles that was playing at the corner of her lips and I knew I was getting through to her. 

"Come on Izzy, I know you want to" I said, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind and resting me chin on her shoulder. She stopped and leaned back into me slightly, I smirked and drew her body closer to mine. We stood there for a few moments before she spoke. 

"No" she said and pulled away from my grasp. I groaned and she giggled. God I love her laugh. She placed the dishes in sink and switched on the taps, letting the sink fill with warm water before adding some washing-up liquid. She scrubbed a few dished clean and then turned to face me, wiping her soapy hands on her apron.

"If I were to go out with you on Friday, and NOT saying I will, where would we go?" she asked. 

"Well, where would you want to go?" I asked, smirking at her once again and leaning my body over the counter so that my face was closer to hers. 

"I asked you first" she said, her voice getting gradually softer as she also leant closer to me. My breathing suddenly began to get deeper as I realised how close she was to me, within kissing distance and God did I want to press my lips to hers. My eyes flitted between her eyes and her lips a few times before I gazed at her deeply, drinking in every ounce of this beautiful girl in front of me. Slowly I leant forward, my nose brushing hers as I inched closer and closer to her cherry pink lips. She didn't pull away, she stayed perfectly still. I was so close, tantalisingly close. So close I could feel her uneven breaths on my lips, sending a shiver down my spine. I need this. 

"Hey Izzy" Niall chirped. 

**************************

Oh so close! Haha!

So I hope you enjoyed! Please remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed!

Thanks for all the support!

Loads of love!

-Steph xx <3