Chapter 21

*Isabella's POV* 

But as soon as his lips touched mine they were gone again, leaving only the faint taste of cherry in his wake. Immediately I questioned whether his lips were really there or if I had imagined it.

There was no sense in me lying, I had imagined what it would be like to have Harry kiss me, to have his gorgeous lips working feverously against mine as he pressed me against the wall. Hands roaming down the sides of my body and grabbing firmly onto my hips as he held me in place. I quickly blinked away the image as I became aware of my surroundings. Nothing had changed, I was still standing in the dimly lit hallway of my apartment building, one of the lights at the end of the corridor flickering as the bulb made one finally show before it died completely. The only thing that had in fact changed was Harry, he no longer wore a kind and slightly nervous look on his face. Instead it was now one of disgust, shame and self-loathing, his eyes seemed a slightly darker shade of green and unless I was mistaken, he looked like he was about to cry.

Jesus was I that bad a kissing? I mean sure I have only kissed like three guys but come on man no need to cry!

I opened my mouth to speak but Harry beat me to it.

"I-I uh... I need to go... erm... see ya" he stuttered before stumbling down the hall without another word, other than the faint mutters that could be heard leaving his lips.

I stood there stunned for a few moments, staring down the hall where Harry's lanky body had disappeared to, completely shocked. Not only was I so bad at kissing I nearly made him cry (he could be crying right now for all I know) but I had also made him run away from me faster than he would have done if I had said that I had the plague, or that I had this very rare form of herpes that can be passed on by kissing.

So yeah, all in all not a bad night, well done Isabella! Way to get the boys knocking at your door.

I sighed before deciding that it was probably time to go to bed and try to forget about Harry's strange behaviour. But that was going to be easier said than done. I fumbled in my coat pocket for my keys before jamming them in the lock with perhaps more force than was needed. As the lock clicked behind me, I hung my coat up on the hanger beside the door and kicked my shoes off of my feet. I walked in the direction of my bedroom, rubbing the sleep from my eyes with the back of my hand as I did so. Upon opening my eyes I was met with something that made my heart stop. I screamed in shock and stumbled backwards, my lower back hitting the kitchen island counter top.

"Hi Isabella..."

***

*Harry's POV*

I stumbled through the car door, my feet barely keeping me upright as I began running, not even bothering to shut my car door. I forced my legs to move quicker and quicker, grabbing on to one of the stones in front of me to prevent myself from falling. 

For anyone else the thought of running through a grave yard in the middle of the night in the pitch black would have been terrifying, the kind of thing stupid teenagers would dare each other to do after a night out on the town. But not for me. I had been here so many times you could have blindfolded me and I would still have been able to find her stone amongst the thousands that sat here, weathering away with each day that went by. 

Finally Ava's grave came into sight. I skidded to a halt and fell to me knees, grabbing onto the cool marble, wrapping my arms around it and sobbing... loudly. I cried out a load of incomprehensible crap as I sat there, tears staining my face and watering the flowers below me. It was a good 10 minutes before I had calmed down enough to talk to her.

"Ava I-I'm so sorry baby," I hiccupped, "Oh God I am so sorry. Please forgive me gorgeous! I didn't mean to do it Ava please! I didn't mean it! I love you so much Ava please forgive me" I cried, gripping the stone tighter.

It was true. I didn't mean to kiss Izzy, I don't know what came over me and I still don't. I think the main reason behind it was that being with her outside of her work, spending time with my friends, Liam and Isabella getting on so well and Isabella looking...well... fucking gorgeous, I just got so carried away and standing there in the corridor, her leaning against the door in the same way that Ava used to do when we were first going out... I thought she was Ava. I was so caught up in the past I was completely oblivious to the present.

I sniffled a few more times before peaking again.

"I don't know what to do Ava, how do I make this right? You have to help me Ava..." I sighed, sitting back on my heels and staring at the perfectly carved letters spelling out the name of the most beautiful girl in the world.

As I fiddled with me hands I suddenly realised what I had to do.

"Don't worry Ava, I will cut her out of my life for good! I won't talk to her, I won't look at her and I won't think about her ever again! Don't worry baby, I will die loving you, no one else will get in the way I promise" I said, before kissing her stone and walking back to the car.

And if there is one motto that I will follow to the day I die, it is to never break a promise.    

********************************

Hope you enjoyed and remember to VOTE and COMMENT my lovelies!

Thanks for everything!

- Steph xx <3